This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I might be jumping the gun on this a little, but I’m so excited I just can’t wait. As various holiday seasons approach it is most appropriate to find the perfect outfits for your different events. Think about it; in grade school it was totally appropriate to dress like a turkey, but not so acceptable now. So let me help you through the hoildays this year with a few blog posts over the next couple of weeks! 

I’m going to skip straight to New Year’s though, with this post and here’s why: sparkles don’t stay on shelves long! When J. Crew gets a shipment of glittery skirts or when Express has those fun sparkle tanks, they sell out….FAST. So grab up your New Years outfits for parties now!! 

Below, Her Campus Emory’s very own Events Editor, Grace, shows off her sparkles in this fabulously festive gold and white little number! This would be the perfect dress for a New Year’s cocktail party with your mom’s friends from work, but would seamlessly transition to your high school reunion (a.k.a. New Year’s rager) where you’re trying to prove you’re hotter than your ex boyfriend’s new gal. 

Below are some other styles to be on the look out for in the weeks leading up to New Year’s! 

So there you have it. You’ve been warned. Don’t wait until December 31st to be looking for the perfect outfit to ring in the new year. Your pictures will most likley be posted to Instagram and Facebook and will be Snapchatted to tons of people. Don’t you want to look hot?

Her Campus at Emory University