Fashionable Outerwear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

One of the main reasons we don’t go out at night as much in the wintertime is the weather. I hate to break it to you, but in Atlanta we will not always be blessed by the seventy-degree weather that we have had for the last couple days.

The simple solution to enjoy going out in the winter is cute outerwear! A jacket or coat can say a lot about what your mood is. Outerwear defers from day to night, because not everything you wear in the day is dressy and trendy enough for the night.

That said, here are some ideas for cute outerwear for both the day and night. Depending on how cold it is and what kind of look you are feeling can help you decide which option would be best:

Burberry Brit Quilted Jacket: This is a chic daytime option because you can always dress it up with a scarf. Pair this jacket with a pair of boots for a great fall outfit!

Michael Kors Quilted Puffer Down Jacket: A pop of color! I love this jacket because of the color, comfort, and material, and it keeps you super warm!

Guess Leather Sleeve Belted Trench Coat: This is a great option for an edgier look. It keeps the classiness of a trench coat, yet has leather sleeves that offset the look perfectly.

J-Crew Downtown Field Jacket: Olive-green is a must-have color this year! This particular jacket is popular because of its versatility–you can wear it with almost anything and everything!

All Saints Walker Leather Bike Jacket: Leather is another must-have in the winter. It’s the go-to for a night look and it can be accessorized to look both sophisticated and edgy.

Her Campus at Emory University