Emory Women’s Basketball Player Savannah Morgan

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

If you haven’t been to a Women’s Basketball game this year you might want to change that quickly because you’re missing out! Not only do the girls have a winning season (also last year’s UAA champs as well), but also this week’s Campus Celebrity has broken the assist record at Emory! Meet senior Savannah Morgan from Cali! When she’s not dominating the court, this sociology major enjoys traveling and watching movies and sports. Like I said earlier, make sure you catch a game this year/ in 2014 because our women’s basketball team sure won’t disappoint!

Her Campus Emory (HCE): When did you start playing basketball? 

Savannah Morgan (SM): I started playing basketball when I was 8 years old, during the summer before entering 4th grade. 

HCE: How did you come to play basketball at Emory? 

SM: I was recruited by the coaching staff at Emory. Coach Thomaskutty saw me play in a basketball tournament in LA during the summer before my senior year of high school. She gave me a call afterwards and from there I kept in contact with the coaches, made a visit to meet the team, and decided Emory was the place for me! 

HCE: How does it feel breaking the assist record? 

SM: It feels really great. As a true point guard, I take most pride in setting up my teammates to score. Of course, I couldn’t have done it without my teammates, past and present. It was also quite humbling to learn that the previous record was set almost 20 years ago (1993-1997). 

HCE: Do you have any expectations for the current season? 

SM: Currently, we are 3-0, so it’s a great start to the season. Hopefully, we can continue to come out and play hard and have another successful season. Coming off of last season, I know the team would love to contend for another UAA championship and go deeper in the post-basketseason tournament. 

HCE: What are your plans after graduation? 

SM: After graduation I plan to continue playing basketball professionally overseas. 

Here’s the schedule so you can check out the Women’s Basketball games!

http://www.emoryathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2013-14/schedule

Her Campus at Emory University