neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Emory Facebook Pages You Need to See

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

As you scroll through your Facebook feed, there are those posts you know you’ll always see. There’s that person with their latest political post (quickly followed by the one acquaintance vehemently opposing it), the latest selfie profile picture with the same expression as the last ten selfies, the friend spamming everyone by liking all posts since he or she was Facebook born, and then there are those weird Emory pages. There are actually so many of these pages that it’s getting harder by the day to keep track of them. So, here’s the complete list of what you should be following. Believe me: they’re worth looking at.

1. Emory Secrets

It’s completely confidential and totally uncensored. We all know what the promise of secrecy can do to a person, which is really what makes this account so interesting. The posts are extremely diverse: from declaring an undying love for bubble tea, to posts that are, lets just say, a lot more aggressive. Check it out here.

2. Emory Compliments

The happy-go-lucky version of Emory Secrets, Emory Compliments is a fun little page to secretly praise someone. Of course, a person complimented on this page probably goes crazy wondering who secretly just said the nicest thing possible about them! Check it out here.

3. Non-Humans of Emory

Step aside humans—today, everyone’s raging about inanimate objects…or at least they ought to. This page is absolutely hilarious, and hopefully the creator will post more frequently. But, in the meantime, take a look at what’s being thought about by things other than people here at Emory. Check it out here.

4. Humans of Emory

It’s always great to know a person’s story and take notice of the incredible history or ideals a person carries with them. We say kudos to Humans of Emory for truly capturing and allowing others to discover the beautiful side to our fellow students. Check it out here.

5. Humans of Woodruff

Same concept of Humans of Emory, but meant for showcasing all the wonderful residents of this sophomore dorm. They’re new, but man, they really know how to capture the feels. Check it out here.

6. Things Emory Students Don’t Say

“I’m getting the unlimited meal plan for all four years!” or “AlcoholEdu has affected my perspective on drinking.”  Here’s a look at things Emory students never say, and they’re spot on. Check it out here.

7. Nancy Seideman and Gary S. Hawk

When snow days were coming, poor ‘ol Gary was the target of so many jokes. Lucky for him—and major props to her for doing so—Nancy Seideman decided to take over as the face of snow day jokes. The best of which were the Facebook pages created for these two wonderful people. So, in honoring the reliability of every snow day and its notification, take a look at these two pages! Check out Nancy’s here and check out Gary’s here.

8. Spotted: Robert Woodruff Library at Emory University

Definitely one of the stranger Emory pages, probably created by some guy who spends far too much of time turning up in Club Libs.  The page notices the on-goings at Woodruff Library. Because let’s be real: Club Libs isn’t about studying—it’s about people watching. Check it out here.

9. Fake Emory University

“I’m Emory University. But fake.” Really, I couldn’t have summed the page up better myself. Check it out here.

10. It happened in Emory

Post #66 was an unclear picture with lights shining. The caption read “Foggy Emory. Clairmont Towers in the mist.” Well done, sir: you’ve truly captured the on-goings at Emory University. Check it out here

There’s certainly no deficit of curious, strange, and eccentric pages here at Emory. It’s just a matter of finding the one that can tickle your funny bone, or really make you sigh with disbelief. If you’re interested, a few other include: “Concerned Emory Alumni”, “Emory University Surplus Properties,” “Emory Lost and Found,” and “Emory Class Confessions”. Happy browsing!

Her Campus at Emory University