Eagle Convenience and Subs Opens for Business!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

It’s finally here: Emory’s newest addition to dining services is the Eagle Convenience and Subs, located on the first floor of the DUC. No more trekking to CVS when you’re sick to buy Advil or Ubering to Kroger to pick up a healthy snack.  Eagle Convenience sells everything from basic toiletries to your favorite unhealthy snack, and even organic food you can feel good about!

Side note – for all of you girls out there who love Stacy’s pita chips, I am happy to confirm that you can find them here!  The best part? The store is open until midnight 7 days a week. 

A major complaint among Emory students in the past has been the limited hours of dining options on campus during the weekends; I swear there have been Saturdays where I was worried I would starve.  Cox Hall Market buttons up tightly by 7 pm on Friday (let’s be real: all the food is gone by 3) and doesn’t open again until early Monday morning.  Likewise, the DUC closes at 8 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. This leaves few options for students looking for a late night meal or snack on campus.

With the addition of the Eagle Convenience and Subs, students now have another option on campus the late night cravings call. Although Zayas stays open until 2 am on weekends, it sometimes feels like a struggle just to make it there. The central location of the new store is a huge part of what makes it so appealing. With the DUC’s daily foot traffic and the location in the heart of campus, Eagle Convenience is the perfect place to drop in and pick something up when you’re on the go.

If you go into Eagle Convenience and can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t fret.  Go to the cashier and write down your suggestion for what they should be carrying.  The entire model of the store is based on what students want and their needs.  Throughout the school year they will be continuously updating their inventory based off of what students say they want.  So don’t be afraid to make a suggestion!

Next time you’re in the mood for a snack, or looking for a new place to eat, definitely stop by and try it out!

Her Campus at Emory University