Doughnut Worry, Be Happy: Where to Find the Best Doughnuts in Atlanta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Does this even need an introduction? I could list all the reasons why doughnuts are truly a gift from God, but I won’t waste your time by telling you what you already know. So let’s get down to it: here are the top picks for the best doughnuts in Atlanta!

Sublime Doughnuts

Starting with my personal favorite, Sublime Doughnuts tops the list with its super creative doughnut concoctions. Not your typical glazed donut, Sublime takes all your favorite things and turns ‘em into a doughnut. Reese’s Cups? Check. Nutella? Check. Maple and bacon? Check. Diabetes? Check. Located off 10th Street near Georgia Tech, these doughnuts are a little farther than your other options near campus, but they are well worth the drive. I repeat, they are well worth the drive. If nothing else, these doughnuts will make you glad you chose to come to school in Atlanta. Also, out of respect for your struggling college student status, Sublime offers a 15% discount with a valid student ID. Woohoo!

Revolution Doughnuts

It would be blasphemous to make this list without including Revolution Doughnuts. An Emory favorite, Revolution caters to those doughnut lovers who don’t want to feel guilty about not knowing what’s in their food. They specialize in handmade doughnuts, using “real food ingredients” including: “organic flour, local dairy, fresh fruit, natural flavor extracts, and 100% trans-fat free vegetable oil.” They also have low gluten options for all of us sugar addicts with dietary restrictions. Revolution stands out from the rest with its freshness and moist, melt-in-your-mouth doughs. Located just around the corner on West College Ave in Decatur, you can satisfy your sweet tooth with a quick trip. Or, better yet—wait to see them every Tuesday at the Emory Farmer’s Market for a midday treat to ease the fact that it’s only Tuesday.

Happy Donuts

An unassuming hole in the wall type of shop, Happy Donuts is a comforting down home favorite. While they may not have the most creative doughnuts around, they’ve got their classics down to a mean perfection. Whether you get a Happy Cream or a simple sprinkled doughnut, you’ll be glad you stopped by. Located near the East Atlanta Village, this is the perfect stop after a long night because they’re open 24 hours! You’ll always find welcoming employees and an unpretentious atmosphere that will always, of course, leave you happy.

Bonus: Flip Burger’s Krispy Kreme Milkshake

Though not technically a doughnut, the Krispy Kreme milkshake at Flip Burger is literally a liquefied doughnut. It’s insane. I never knew I’d been missing this all my life until I had it. As if their phenomenal burgers weren’t enough, this milkshake is arguably definitely the best milkshake on earth.

So there you have it. Now get out there and enjoy!

Her Campus at Emory University