This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I’m sure everyone has those mornings where you just want to roll out of bed and go to class in your pajamas. I know I do! But as much as I might want to, I always force myself to get dressed anyway: you never know whom you might run into! So, to help you out on those mornings when all you want to do is stay in bed, here are 8 trends you can wear while staying comfy. 

Loose Pants: This style is my current obsession. I absolutely love the slouchy pant look and can’t get enough of them. My personal favorite cut is harem pants–they sit high on the waist and get narrow around the ankles. These pants are a little tricky to style, though, because you don’t want to go too tight on top, yet you also don’t want to be drowning in fabric. Try a nicely fitted sweater or a loose long-sleeved shirt for a balanced look. These pants look best worn with a pair of heels, especially ones with pointed toes. No, they’re not as comfy as your Converse, but they add necessary polish this loose-fitting look.

Track pants (not to be confused with loose pants)You CAN actually wear track pants and be stylish! While the style and shape of track pants can be similar to that of loose pants, they give off a completely different vibe. When you’re shopping for a pair of wearable track pants, you must keep in mind: fabric is important! You don’t want to go near anything with a jersey material that reminds you of yoga pants. Go for a sweater-y knit or a material with a tweed-like pattern. Fit is also a huge factor: try a leaner cut with a slim ankle band. Because these bottoms are so casual, it’s important that you keep the rest of your look classic. Blazers, simple white oxfords and heels dress track pants up perfectly! Make sure you don’t wear them with other athletic pieces, though, because you don’t want to look like you’re headed to the gym!

Pajamas: Yes, you read that correctly. Pajamas! Except when I say pajamas I don’t mean the men’s boxers and oversized T-shirt you wear to sleep. These fancy designer sets have recently been all over the runways and celebrities can’t get enough. The silky, matching sets are chic beyond words, but incredibly difficult to pull off. Once again, this style only works with a pair of leg-elongating heels and a structured bag. And if you never end up wearing them out (believe me, it happens) at least you’ll have something fabulous to wear Christmas morning!

Sweatshirts: A sweatshirt can be the perfect balance between effortless chic and comfort. Wearing a sweatshirt with a pair of well-fitted jeans and heels gives a great casual vibe, while still looking cool (yes, cool). Sweatshirts also pair great with a skirt for an even more stylish look, especially with a leather skirt!

Sweaters (again, not to be confused with a sweatshirt, although they can be worn in similar ways): A great knit sweater is always fashionable and cozy at the same time. This item is also so versatile that it can be worn in pretty much every way imaginable. A great knit with a pair of jeans and boots is the easiest outfit and always looks put-together.  This season, don’t be afraid to play around with colors, textures and shapes! Embellishments, sequins and patterns are currently trending.

Wedges: As we all know, heels add that extra oompf to every outfit, but they can be a literal pain to walk in. If you haven’t quite come to terms with living with constant pain in your blistered feet like I have, (oh, what we do for fashion) a wedge can work wonders. They’re much more comfortable than a pointy-toed pump and are also easier to walk in. They’ll give your outfit that little something extra that you want and you won’t be tripping all over yourself while you’re walking across campus.

Loafers and/or Pointy Toed Flats: I’ve always loved a good flat, but the classic round-toed shape has been feeling kind of stale to me lately. That’s why I was so happy when I rediscovered the pointy toe and loafer! Both of these styles up the fashion factor of a simple outfit much like heels do, except with loafers or pointy-toed flats you can do it comfortably! They work with everything, from shorts, to jeans, to trousers, to skirts with tights or stockings. Try patent leather for a wow-factor or go for a two-tone. If you’re really feeling ballsy, go with a pattern.

Slip-ons: Last, but certainly not least, slip-ons. They’re just that tiny bit chicer than a regular sneaker, but just as comfortable. Check out Jillian’s article about stylish sneakers for inspiration! 

Now, despite your all-night (be it studying or at Mag’s), you can dress comfortably for class the next day without sacrificing style!

Her Campus at Emory University