Chic Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, we know that you trendy Her Campus readers are starting to think about creative, fashion-forward costumes. If you’re tired of those typical “naughty nurse” or “sexy witch” costumes, here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing to bring in this Halloween celebration with a hot and chic bang! 

Modern Festival Pocahontas: Don’t let the name of a Disney princess mislead you. With music festivals being such a big influence in our culture nowadays, rocking this modern Pocahontas look will not just scream creative, but it’s also eye-catching at the same time. To pull off this look, all you need is a tribal top (or a bikini top if you’re feeling more adventurous), a feather crown, and a lot of bold colored accessories. Pair this with jean shorts or a skirt, bring out those gladiator sandals and you have yourself a new rendition of a Disney princess look.

Glam Bunny: Every year, without a doubt, you always see a bunny costume lingering in the crowds. If you’re more of a classic Halloween costume kind of gal, here’s a way to incorporate both that and your fashionista side into your costume. The most important accessory about this outfit is the bunny ears. Lace is your best friend for this look. All you need now is a great all black outfit (whether it’s your go-to little black dress, or black leather pants and a hot black bustier top). Pair this with heels or boots and a bold lipstick color. This look will definitely make you seem mysterious with just the right amount of sexy. 

Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s: This classic and sleek look is easy to create with just a few essentials from your closet. Pull out that black maxi dress, pearl earrings, a pearl necklace, and your black heels. The only extra accessories you may need to purchase are Holly’s black gloves and a diamond tiara for your hair. Pull your hair up in a tight neat bun and you have yourself a Hollywood classic, chic look. 

Those are just a few ideas to get you started. Think of whatever you want to be for the night and just add a little modern fashion touch to take it to the next level–then you can easily make any costume chic and original. If you can’t decide what to wear, let’s be real, Halloween isn’t just October 31st, it’s the whole weekend. You have three nights to be whatever you want to be. Get creative and start planning! 

Her Campus at Emory University