Blog Breakdown: Top 5 Fashion Blogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Personal fashion blogs are my favorite source of inspiration when I’m going through a fashion rut. I love the way that professional bloggers are able to incorporate runway trends into their daily lives in a way that doesn’t scream “haute couture”. Their outfits might be a little bit more daring than those that I would wear on the daily, but bloggers have often influenced me to try go out of my comfort zone whether it’s with a punchy orange-red lipstick or combining different prints to create a more eclectic outfit. Here are my top five favorite blogs to scroll through for fashion inspiration.

Song of Style

Blogger: Aimee Song

City: Los Angeles, California

Site: www.songofstyle.com

Full-time interior designer and fashion blogger, Aimee Song showcases her fun and eclectic style on Song of Style. Although she is based in Los Angeles, Aimee travels around the globe and showcases different aspects of her travel (and her killer outfits) on the blog. Aimee is the queen of effortlessly put together and she can easily make ripped jeans, booties and a slouchy button down look just as great as a cool dress and killer heels.

The Blonde Salad

Blogger: Chiara Ferragni

City: Milan, Italy and Los Angeles, California

Site: www.theblondesalad.com

This jet setter splits her time between Milan and the States and her nonchalant style is reflective of that. Everything she wears is effortlessly cool and she can totally pull off everything from the Moschino Spongebob Sweatshirt to California-cool cutoffs and tees. Her standout bag collection sets her outfits over the top and features classics like the Chanel “Boy Bag” to trends like the Moschino McDonalds bag.

Man Repeller

Blogger: Leandra Medine

City: New York City

Site: www.manrepeller.com

NYC based blogger, Leandra Medine uses her blog as a platform for showcasing personal fashion as well as larger news in the fashion world. Her blog is raw and unedited, which is a refreshing change from other carefully curated blogs. Leandra’s also one of those girls who isn’t afraid to try anything and everything. Besides having impeccable personal style, Leandra has launched two lines of shoes with Superga, which were quite possibly the chicest sneakers that I have ever seen.

Sincerely Jules

Blogger: Julie Sarinana

City: Los Angeles

Site: www.sincerelyjules.com

LA resident Julie Sarinana is the most bohemian of the bunch, which is fitting for a blog which has the majority of its photos set on the beach or in a beach town. Her wardrobe consists of boho basics like perfect cut-offs, slouchy knits and killer sandals but she also has a killer bag and jean collection to supplement her bohemian pieces. Everything she wears looks perfectly worn in and her outfits are definitely the easiest to emulate in the best way. I mean who wouldn’t want to wear jeans, a slouchy turtleneck, and comfy flats everyday?

Shine By Three

Blogger: Margaret Zhang

City: Sydney Australia

Site: www.shinebythree.com

Crisp, edgy, and fresh are three perfect words to describe this Aussie’s personal style blog. Margaret Zhang’s tailored ensembles are unexpected in the best possible way. I seriously never knew that there were so many ways to wear a classic button-down.While her outfits are often bold and eye-catching, her streamlined accessories pull the outfits together.  She certainly goes farther than most fashion bloggers in looking runway ready but that’s part of the fun of her blog. 

Don’t have time to keep up with all of these fashionistas? Follow them on instagram to get a daily-dose of style (and probably some food porn- these ladies seriously know how to lunch)

Her Campus at Emory University