Best Ways to Sport Your Sorority Clothing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Though there is an endless list of things that are amazing about being in a sorority, the fashionista’s favorite feature is the whole new wardrobe that comes along with it. Secretly, or not so secretly, everyone walks around first semester with their eyes glued to every letter bag that passes by, waiting for the day when they can carry one themselves. Sorority apparel incorporates our sisters into our style, the perfect collab. There is no doubt once you get your sorority apparel you will want to be rocking your letters 24/7. Here are some places and ways you can wear it (aka everywhere). 

1. Gym. The WoodPEC is the perfect place to sport your sorority tanks. As you walk by the machines on a typical day, you will be guaranteed to see shirts from almost every sorority on campus. They pair perfectly with your Lululemon workout pants, and their loose fit makes them appropriate for gym-wear. The WoodPEC is always extremely crowded, so wearing apparel here is a prime place to rep your sorority. 

2. Beach. Throw on a sorority tank or t-shirt over a bathing suit as a makeshift cover-up, and bring your baseball hat as a cute accessory. To top it all off, use your letter bag as a beach tote. This is a reminder that you do not need to be on campus to be decked out in sorority attire. 

3. Pajamas. Replace your camp color war t-shirts with sorority ones (it’s about time you get rid of those anyway) and slip into a pair of sorority sweats. Not only is it the comfiest combo in the book, but you will be going to bed full of sorority pride. Sweet dreams, sisters! 

4. Airport. Another great public place to display your letters. Incorporating your sorority clothing into your plane outfit is a must, and while you’re at it you might as well throw some more of it in your suitcase for the rest of your trip. Did I mention that letter bags make the perfect carry-ons?

5. On Campus. Sorority clothing goes well with every outfit. Throw a shirt on with a pair of jeans or under a leather jacket. Whip out your sunglasses on your walk to class. Be one of those girls you stared at first semester by carrying your books around in your letter bag. 

There will be always be an opportunity to wear your sorority clothing. Don’t forget, your letters will always be in style. 

Her Campus at Emory University