This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The popular trend of combining breakfast and lunch into a meal all on its own–brunch–has been sweeping the streets of Fishbourne Drive and Eagle Row. Emory students have set out to find the most mouth-watering brunches at different restaurants across Atlanta. Read on for a few popular options your fellow Eagles crave.  

Highland Bakery: This tasty eatery offers both sweet and savory options – the notorious Peanut Butter French Toast is a must for any first timers! **Warning: expect leftovers….unless you’re a true champ and can finish this whopper of a dish! Highland Bakery has been frequented by stars such as Kid Cudi – that’s how great it is! If you are in the mood to be adventurous, I would recommend The Fried Chicken Benedict. It’s definitely not for everyone, but if you want to get the true Highland Bakery experience, go for it! After one brunch here, you’ll want to make the trek to the Highlands every weekend. Lines are out the door on the weekends, so make sure to get there early (they only take reservations for large groups)!

Flying Biscuit: This brunch spot is great for all you collegiate vegetarians! The food has been described as traditional southern, but with a twist. Sophomore Molly Teplitzky says, “I especially love the Hollywood Omelette, and instead of the toast I get cheesy grits as my side because they are heavenly and gluten-free.” Of course, you can’t visit the Flying Biscuit without trying the renowned food that gives the restaurant it’s name – the biscuits! Try one with the cranberry apple butter for the perfect combination. 

Rosebud: Chicken and waffles is a yummy dish not often found up north, so if you want to try some true southern eats, Rosebud’s rendition knocks all others out of the park. Although the name is pretty straightforward, this dish also comes with a ton of flavor and pizazz for anyone who’s never tried it! For the over 21 crowd, senior Kelly Landeen recommends Rosebud’s “mimosas and shareable appetizers” for a Sunday brunch. Since Rosebud is so close to campus, it’s another great option for a weekend breakfast!

The Majestic Diner: Unlike the other spectacular brunch picks, this diner is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! This makes the Majestic the perfect late-night destination for you students craving a study-break-breakfast at 4 am! The Breakfast Special is a home-run selection, with breakfast meats, eggs, and of course a stack of classic pancakes! It includes everything one would want in an early-bird meal, all before the sun comes up. I’ve also heard that the Cheese Omelette is a great pick, so I will have to do some investigating and report back (sigh). 

Rise-N-Dine: If you can brave the elements on the long trek to Emory Village, make sure to hit up Rise-N-Dine! This not-so-hidden gem (come on, it’s right next to the CVS you shop at!) has made it in Atlanta Magazine for Best Breakfast. Their commitment to locally grown ingredients creates an organic and tasty breakfast with a quaint atmosphere. The Lacy Sweet Potato Pancakes are a must-have, and offer a unique twist on classic buttermilk pancakes. But be warned – plan for large crowds of students and neighborhood locals on the weekends, which can create a long wait with a line all the way to the CVS (ok maybe that’s a little dramatic, but get there early)!  

Do those pictures make you as hungry as I am now? If you try any of these places, let us know what you think! 

Her Campus at Emory University