Brow prodcuts
Brow prodcuts
Sara Marsetti
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

You’ve definitely heard of this brand a million times before: Glossier. Is it skincare? Makeup? They’re selling hair clips now? If you’re overwhelmed but want to join the trend, read ahead. 

I’ve proudly been using Glossier since my freshman year of high school. I’ve tried about 20 of their products and am here to tell you exactly which 5 are my favorites and some honorable mentions.

5) Priming Moisturizer Rich

This bad boy will keep your face super hydrated, lemme tell you. Priced at $35, it may seem expensive but this small tub of creamy moisturizer lasted me an ENTIRE YEAR. A little really does go a long way. I love that it’s like a cream and not a gel because it feels so luxurious and actually moisturizes without leaving your face shiny and wet-looking. If you’re looking to splurge a little, this is your guy.

4) Wowder in “dark” and Brush 

I’m not a huge makeup person (as in, I definitely need it but I have no idea what I’m doing) so I just decided to try this because it seemed like an easy product to use. Basically, I use it as an all-over powder for oily-ness and the great thing about it is that it comes in shades so you don’t have to worry about accidentally looking like a ghost. It definitely works and keeps you matte all day. During the winter when I lose my tan, I can even use it as a bronzer! I got the brush to go with it because why not, and it’s honestly pretty good! I only use it for this powder but does the job. To anyone looking for a nice, all-day matte-fying powder, try this out! 

3) Balm Dotcom in “Coconut” and “Birthday Cake”

I think this was my second Glossier purchase ever, and I still use them almost every day. These lip balms come in cute little tubes in 8 flavors, including 4 tinted shades and 1 glittery one. I got the coconut balm first and it smells so amazing I love it. It does such a good job hydrating and is such a handy thing to throw in your bag. I got the birthday cake balm a month later because I needed another one and was so excited that Glossier had collaborated with Momofuku Milk Bar (you’ve definitely seen their birthday cakes on Instagram). This smells SO GOOD. If you’re not a fan of sweet things, you’ll definitely hate it because it smells like pure sugar but in the best way. It has some glitter and shine to it, for when you’re feeling extra festive. Overall, at $12 I recommend these to everyone! They’re so much product in the tube and the smells are amazing and make your lips look and feel so nice and hydrated. 

2) Cloud Paint in Storm

As I have previously mentioned, I am so bad at doing my makeup so I was very intrigued by Glossier’s promise that you can never put “too much” of this blush on. They were right! Because it’s a cream blush, you can just keep blending it into your skin if you accidentally applied too much. I also love that it’s not a traditional powder blush because the consistency makes it look super natural and dewy and cute! A little goes a super long way- I’ve had a tube for about a year and I’m probably only 1/4 done with it. I will definitely be picking up a few more colors!! 

1) All-time favorite product ever: LipGloss in Clear

This lip gloss is what every 2000’s girl ever dreamed of. It’s shiny, thick, and not overly sticky. All my friends have borrowed it and it suits everyone so well. If you’re not a huge lipstick person like me, this clear lip gloss really adds something to your look, whether it’s to spice up a casual daytime look or to enhance your makeup when going out. It stays on for quite some time, and my hair rarely gets caught in it when the wind blows (a very important factor when buying lip gloss). If you buy one thing, it should absolutely be this lipgloss!   

Bonus Skincare Review:

Super Pure Serum vs Solution

I’ve tried both of these products to manage my acne and unpopular opinion but I far prefer the serum over Glossier Solution. Most of my friends use Solution and love it but I found that it really dried my skin out and felt very thin when I applied it on my face. The serum, while expensive, is really thick and I see a difference when I wake up in the morning after having applied it overnight. 

Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.
Her Campus at Emory University