Anonymous Alum Advice to Graduating Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

One month left until Graduation: a last undergraduate stretch for Seniors, who seem to try to cherish this period more than ever, since many times it can prove the Golden time for refining relationships, solidifying memories or simply building some exciting, memorable new ones. One of Emory College’s alums reminisces on these special Spring weeks, offering a few pieces of advice.

1.     (Re)visit your favorite professors. “In the last few weeks of school, I made sure I made time to go to long lost office hours that I did not attend as ceremoniously as I should have when I was taking the respective classes. Professors were positively surprised to see me coming to pay them respects and give thanks. Appreciation is many times underestimated, but it means so much.”

2.     Return to freshman year best friends. “Some of the people I was closest to during my first year gradually grew apart due to our new dorms, classes and extra-curriculars. Deep in my heart though, I was forever grateful for that memorable first year, so I reached out to my freshman crew. The reunion was sweet, the memories, unvaluable.”

3.     Attend random, fun Fitness classes on campus that always seemed to secretly tenderly whisper to you.  “One day I just randomly decided to go for that Capoeira class that I always saw in action when I was trudging toward my intense elliptical session. I took two of my friends with me. I don’t regret a thing, it was quite an experience.”

4.     Reflect and write. “A few weeks before graduation, I was starting to feel overwhelmed by the thought that I would leave behind so many close friends and mentors. I decided to not quite ‘leave’ them and to write down as much as I can remember about them and about our valuable times together while it was all still fresh in my mind.”

Students may come, students may go, but memories go on forever.

Her Campus at Emory University