Tired of wearing black on black coming into the tail end of this winter season? We still have a month to go, so switch it up from your browns and blacks with this winter’s favorite neutral and must have hue – oxblood.
Somewhere between a bordeaux and a burgundy, this sultry dark red adds effortless sophistication to your everyday look. Whether you’re rocking a designer piece or you’re on a Maxxinista budget, there are so many easy ways to add this red wine accent (sorry, wine not included).
Check out a few ways to slip into this sleek shade:
1) The jean: paired with black or brown booties, a chambray top and a messy bun, this look easily transitions from lounging around the apartment to taking a quick afternoon shopping trip.
2) The coat: pair it with a leather skirt and you are ready to hit the town–even in the snow.
3) The mani and the muzzle: the easiest way to add a quick color pop.
4) The bag: although Chanel is always a preferable accessory, us muggles may not have quite the access. Nevertheless, it doesn’t hurt to look at… Check out this awesome Chanel boy bag in oxblood.
And then a more affordable Etsy find:
5) This one goes out to the biker chicks, the daredevils and those daring souls who aren’t afraid to test the limits. How about an oxblood leather vest? If you’re in, here’s a cool new way to wear a classic leather vest:
6) Easy, breezy, oxblood sweater: it’s still cold ladies, and this flirtatious shade looks good on just about anyone.
Style suggestion: pair with patterned tights or black jeggings, short booties and a long gold necklace.
7) Everyone’s favorite: the party dress. Let’s all give it up for Blake Lively. She’s fabulous.
Bleed it out ladies. And have some fun trying something new!