This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Stage 1: Your social chair announces at chapter that you have a date party in 2 weeks! You and all your sisters cheer with joy because YAY! it’s an excuse to dress up and go somewhere that isn’t Maggie’s.

Stage 2: It hits you that a date party requires actually finding a date… and a cute outfit.

Stage 3: Unless you’re #blessed with having a bae in your life, you have to make a list of all your possible date choices. The list contains three kinds of guys and gals. The first being a new one love interest you’re crushing on. You have a class together, you’ve seen them out, or maybe one of your friends previously hooked up with them. Whatever the case may be, you’re down to bring them but also feel awkward asking them. The second type is your go-to date party hook-up. You’ve hooked up with them before, but keep it strictly limited to sorority functions. You know they’re down and it’s just easy. The third option is a hard-core friend. There is no way you’ll ever hook up with them, but you know they’ll be a great date.

Stage 4: You’ve thought about all your date options and realized there’s actually no one worth asking, so you’re just going to go alone… And that’s not a big deal, because you’re a strong, independent woman who doesn’t need a date to bring to her date party to have fun.

Stage 5: Let’s be real, Stage 4 lasted for like five minutes. You made a decision about who to ask and are happy with your decision. The best part, they said they’re down!!

Stage 6: With all the stress of finding a date, you totally forgot that you have nothing to wear! But no worries, your girl squad has your back and your friend lends you a hot dress.

Stage 7: It’s party time!! You’re dressed for success, and ready to have an amazing time. Don’t forget to take some hot pics for that post date party Instagram!

Currently a sophomore at Emory University studying Art History. You can follow her on her Instagram @anyashik.
Her Campus at Emory University