This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Spring has arrived, so why is it still 55 degrees in the morning? As we slowly transition into summer, you’re still going to need a light jacket for those chilly walks to your 10AM class and for the cooler nights outside at dinner. Clearly you don’t have to pull out your winter ski puffer jacket, but you’re going to need something to cover up if the temperature drops. Why not get a cute jacket while you’re at it? Here are the six best jackets for spring:

1. Trench

The most classic jacket of all time, this one is sophisticated and chic. You can wear it to your next interview or to brunch with your friends. It’s lightweight and usually covers your legs, so no need to worry about your legs getting cold. Check out this jacket from Asos and this one from Reformation.

2. Bomber

The bomber jacket has been seen on Gigi, Kendall, Rihanna and more. Comfy and sporty, the bomber is the jacket of the season. It’s the warmest and most relaxed type of outerwear, and it’s versatile—you can wear it over your gym clothes or with a slip dress to dinner. Get the one Gigi wears from Alpha Industries or this one from Nasty Gal.

3. Military

Super trendy and always comfortable, the military jacket is perfect to your new rocker outfit. Green and faded are the best kind. Pair it with a vintage tee underneath, ripped jeans, and black combat boots. Wear this one from REVOLVE or this one from Nordstrom.

4. Blazer

The blazer completes the ultra chic, classic androgynous look. Pair it with tuxedo pants or shorts and heels for that feminine touch. It’s structured and professional, but you can play it down when needed. Try out this blazer from Shopbop or be bold in red with this one from Blue & Cream.

5. Duster

The duster is the longer cousin of the trench and usually is without buttons. It’s supposed to hit around your ankles and be free flowing. It’s lightweight and perfect over a romper or skirt. Sport your new duster from Frame Denim or Missguided.

6. Denim

Saving the best for last, the denim jacket works well with everything—even more denim. It keeps you warm and it’s super versatile: wear it loose and natural or roll up the sleeves and pop the collar. Stick with the 70’s trend and pair it with denim jeans. Buy yours now from Asos or Nasty Gal.

Sophomore from New York City at Emory University
Her Campus at Emory University