4 Ways to Combat the Sudden Change in Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

November’s here, and we know what that means: the dreaded weather change is coming. We all know what I’m talking about — it’s the scary tundra-like weather that is soon going to hit Atlanta. Or tundra-like, so it feels, coming after the 70 to 80-degree weather that lasted through mid-October. Below are a few helpful sidekicks to help you get through this seemingly horrible transition that’s coming our way.

1. Tazo Pumpkin Spice Tea

Photo via Target

A Fall classic, Tazo’s Pumpkin Spice Tea is guaranteed to brighten your day. With every sip of pumpkin and cinnamon deliciousness, you feel transported to a warm pumpkin patch. Not only is this tea yummy, but it also has a good amount of caffeine, so it works as a substitute for your morning coffee. Keep boxes in your room and it’s an easy fix to bring to class.

2. A S’well Water Bottle

Photo via S’well 

This one may sound basic, but only because most people don’t actually know that they can use their S’well for hot drinks. In my experience, S’well water bottles work better for coffee, tea, and hot chocolate better than any other portable mug. If you’re looking to keep your drink hot throughout your entire day of classes, then purchase a S’well if you don’t already have one! And if you do, now you know you can use them for hot drinks too.

3. General Muir’s Matzah Ball Soup

Photo via Flickr

This is the best soup in Atlanta, in my opinion. Just a short walk away from campus, this soup will warm your body and fulfill your hunger. It’s also even better if you’re suffering from the common cold. Order a bagel on the side, and you’ve got yourself a full meal!

4. Fuzzy Socks

Photo via Amazon

Lastly, get yourself a few good pairs of fuzzy socks. Feeling the cold on your feet can make your entire body feel colder, so don’t let that happen! These are sold basically anywhere, and some of my favorite pairs are from Target. Wear them around your dorm, to bed, and especially to class.

Hopefully these recommendations will help cure your coldness as us Georgians endure this weather change. Remember, spring is almost around the corner!

Sophomore at Emory studying business
Her Campus at Emory University