This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Make up is fun—it’s dress up for adults. But for all the fun it gives us, we often misuse it. We cake it on, we fall asleep wearing it, we wear it for days without letting our skin take a breather. Maybe it’s time to take a step back and look at the best ways to rejuvenate after some make up damage.

1. Drink water

Your mom says it, your grandma says it, your doctor says it—it’s starting to get annoying but its true. The best way to fix any ailment, and surely the best fix for a tired, worn face, is an ample supply of water. It can be hard to remember to keep hydrating throughout the day, but I’ve found that a refillable water bottle with a cool design is good motivation to make hydrating a habit!

2. Take advantage of your beauty sleep

Sure, you have a moisturizer for the day—but have you ever considered night creams? They maximize moisture without inconvenience, because who cares if your skin looks greasy while you sleep?

3. Vaseline

Keep it by your bedside and never let it slip away. This one product does it all: heal cracked lips, revitalize lashes, and protect your delicate eyelids. Good for today and good for tomorrow, it will brighten your skin and combat aging.

4. Nose strips

Whether they’re Biore or dollar store, I’m talking about those little white strips you put on your wet nose and peel off like a Band-Aid. I know, it doesn’t sound enticing, but they work like a charm. That foundation you can’t live without loves to clog your pores, and these work as an offensive attack to clear them out.

Sleep and a regular face washing routine are essential to being your best, but let’s face it; as busy college women, we don’t always have the time. To recover from the times that you miss out on your regular routine, these four tools will help you look and feel your best.

Madeline Holcombe is a junior at Emory University studying English Creative Writing and History. Originally from Southern California, she enjoys dance, Krav Maga, literature, cooking, fashion, skiing, and writing.
Her Campus at Emory University