3 Necessary Pre-Date Party Do’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Those of you who either are in Greek life or who have friends in Greek life are probably aware that date party season is coming up quickly. While, of course, it can be a lot of fun, it can also be a lot of stress as well. Questions are starting to run through your head: where should I get my nails done? Which hair salon here in Atlanta can I trust? Where should I get waxed? Luckily, you don’t need to worry anymore—there are some incredible options near Emory that will leave you looking and feeling flawless.

Nails: @ Nails & Spa, Briarcliff Rd

Out of all the nail places in Atlanta, @ Nails is the very best. First and most importantly, their manicures LAST. A gel manicure from this salon will typically last you around three weeks, and a French gel mani can even last a month. Second, the salon gives students serious discounts on all services, so make sure to mention that you’re an Emory student! On top of that, with every manicure or pedicure you get, you receive a complementary back massage. The best part? It’s only five minutes from campus! It’s on Briarcliff Rd., right across the street from Whole Foods.

Hair: Van Michael Salon, Virginia Highlands

Having healthy and styled hair in college can be difficult, especially when you want a haircut by the one person back home who you trust and who hass been doing your hair forever. Pre-date party, I find many of my friends in a rut: “Should I hold out until Thanksgiving break, or do I risk a serious hair malfunction here in Atlanta?” The answer: neither! There are plenty of top-notch salons near Emory that will give you the right cut and color, a beautiful blowout, and most importantly the right price. Van Michael Salon does all of the above and does a great job of giving you exactly what you ask for in a cut, color, and blowout. An added plus is that it is located near a million amazing restaurants, an Urban Outfitters, and my favorite wax studio, Sweet Peach!

Waxing: Sweet Peach Wax and Sugaring Studio

Sweet Peach Wax and Sugaring Studio is the #1 place I would recommend to anyone in need of some hair removal before a date-party. Why? They’re extremely reasonably priced; also, aside from waxing services, and they also offer sugaring services, which are known to be less painful. Sweet Peach was actually the first spa in Georgia to do sugaring! The people who work here are extremely professional and really can be trusted, especially when your eyebrows just have to be on fleek. Finally, the salon is just so cute on the inside, with multi-colored pastel decor and millions of magazines.

KKG
Her Campus at Emory University