21 Things Not to Beat Yourself Up About: The Emory Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Hey collegiette, it’s totally fine…

To be on a first-name basis with Mason at Maggie’s. 

To still call “Scoreboards” the Nest. 

To eat Cox five days in a row. 

To go to Zaya’s on your way back from Maggie’s after being kicked out (most likely for dancing on tables with SigChi). 

To work out by the tennis courts in the WoodPEC instead of the dance studios… impress the meathead guys with your sculpted guns! 

To only go to Wonderful Wednesday when they’re giving out free food. Or t-shirts. 

To walk all the way to the B-School just to get Einstein’s. Nothing beats their Vanilla Hazelnut lattes or their bagel thins. 

To get Romeo’s delivered instead of walking to the Village… It is really far. 

To sometimes not swipe your card at the DUC… you’re only getting a banana! And ice cream. And chocolate milk. 

To never go to a single sports event. 

To like Dooley’s week purely for the sake of getting out of class. And 3lau and Kendrick Lamar, of course. 

To use the elevator in the Woodruff Library for floors 1-4. Your books are heavy, it’s been a long day, treat yourself! And hey, no one’s looking. 

To wait in the fifty-person line at Dunkin’ in between classes. Coffee excuses all lateness. 

To refer to the B-School as “GBS” (for us non-B-schoolers: Goizueta Business School). 

To go to the DUC purely to see Angela and Pasta John. 

To not understand the new shuttle system. The Loop, C Route, Publix? They’re all the same! 

To use an entire Callaway or B-School classroom for yourself during finals. 

To have the baristas at Jazzman’s know you by name. And your drink order. 

To consider your walk from Longstreet-Means to the library your workout for the week. 

To be afraid of the intense quietness of the Reading Room. Stick to Levels 1 and 3 where it’s nice and loud. 

To like Dooley more than Swoop. I always get really excited when the Dooley statue gets dressed up. 

No shame, collegiates! Everyone knows college isn’t the real world anyway.

Originally a New Jersey native, Emily now calls London, England home. She is a Creative Writing/English major and is a rowing, Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars enthusiast. 
Her Campus at Emory University