10 Stages of Panicking about Not Having a Halloween Costume, as Told by Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Did you leave buying your costume until the very last minute? If so, then this will probably look very familiar: here are the 10 stages of panicking you inevitably go through when you don’t have a Halloween costume picked out in advance.

1. You first start to think about your Halloween costume early in the month—when October 31st seems so far away.

2. You quickly begin to realize that your group of friends can’t decide on anything.

3. You admit that there’s no hope of reaching a decision unanimously.

4. When you put your phone down for just one minute, you miss a whole slew of texts about the latest costume idea.

5. You loudly proclaim that you’re giving up on looking good and you don’t need a sexy outfit this year.

6. You want to forget about this disaster altogether and just eat your feelings.

7. You start to question if it’s even worth going out on Halloween.

8. You’re convinced that your friends couldn’t have any worse costume ideas.

9. But then they choose a pair of bunny ears with SEQUINS.

10. But finally, when it seems like your group will never be able to make a decision, you all finally find the perfect costume (at the last minute, of course).

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Cayla is a freshman at Emory University studying English and Media Studies. Her hobbies include editing photos of food and going on long walks on the beach. She can usually be found re-organizing her room, promoting gender equality, or talking about her amazing taste in music. You can follow Cayla on her Instragram @caylabam. 
Her Campus at Emory University