This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

My partner and I attended the Yung Gravy Concert at the MGM music hall in Fenway. The venue was easy to get to and from Emmanuel College. The security there was great and they even had a bag check area for coats and jackets. There was a long line that moved swiftly and we got in soon after arriving. 

If I have any recommendation to make for others considering going to Yung Gravy it would be to get the floor seats. Prior to the show, a DJ played music and we all sang and danced. The atmosphere was so exciting and everyone around us was so friendly. We ended up making friends around us and having really fun dance buds.

“Sweet Caroline” played and the crowd went wild. Everyone was up dancing, and screaming the lyrics. It felt like a crowd-bonding moment; that was the moment I knew I’d be losing my voice that night! 

After playing music, Canadian Rapper bbno$ (baby no money) and Yung Gravy came on stage. At this point, everyone was pumped up. He played some music from his new album which was a bit of a curveball for most of the crowd… No one knew the lyrics yet, but I’m sure if he comes back next year we’ll be more prepared. Around the third or fourth song, some started throwing their bras on stage. Unfortunately, some underestimated how far the stage was and ended up throwing them and hitting people’s heads. 

Then another man came on stage, one whose name I don’t know but he sang us opera. He was apparently on the concert’s tech crew. He was insanely talented. It was the last thing I would’ve expected at a Young Gravy concert, but it was definitely what I needed! 

Then of course we had to address the Sherri Nicole rumors… Gravy confirmed he does in fact have a thing for moms, and then he proceeded to ask the MILFS to raise their hands. That’s definitely a part of his brand that confuses me; but nonetheless, it made for a good laugh. 

After this, Gravy began throwing out Lunchables and water! I hopped on my new friend’s shoulders to try to get one but unfortunately, I was too far back! Maybe next time. He seemed to really care about the audience’s well-being and enjoyment. Throughout the concert, he was very upbeat and had repetitive lyrics in order to get the crowd to sing. 

Overall, the concert was very fun. I loved being around all the Boston college students on a random Wednesday night. I would totally go again if he came back next year, and you should too! :) 

Olivia Quercio

Emmanuel '25

Heyyy there!! Thanks for the click :) My name is Olivia Quercio and I use she/they pronouns.