pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Thank You, Emmanuel College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Emotions are running high as this school year comes to an end, especially for us graduating seniors. Whether you’re partying your last few nights away or reminiscing over brunch with your friends, we can’t deny that in a few short days we will no longer be able to call Emmanuel our home. We’ll no longer see our friends every day as we walk to class. We won’t wake up on Saturdays excited for brunch in the cafe. And there will be no lounging on EC Beach on those sunny days when the temptation to skip class is all too overwhelming. We’ll be leaving a lot behind, but I think it’s safe to say we’ll miss the people here the most.

The people, especially the students, are what make our little community thrive. We’ve all had at least one professor whose passion for teaching sparked something inside of us and those friends who love to throw back shots but also talk with you for hours. We’ve had random conversations with acquaintances who have opened our minds to new perspectives. We’ve been inspired by fellow classmates who may not even know our names. All of these people at Emmanuel – even ones you may not be fond of – have helped to shape the person you’ve become.

The idea of graduation may be daunting, but knowing you’ve made these connections and lifelong friendships makes it a little easier. The memories may be fading but the people you made them with surely won’t.

You’ll never forget the ratchet parties at Highgate. Your first Red Sox game with your college friends. Coffee dates at Neighborhoods. Darties at Farrington. Exploring the Public Garden.The night your fake ID worked for the very first time. Watching the Boston Marathon. Thorntons Thursdays. Celebrating GNAC Championships. Getting the role you wanted in a play. Rubinoff. Storming the streets for the Super Bowl Championship and Red Sox World Series win. ECDM. St. Patty’s Weekend mayhem. Skateboarding with your friends. Late night adventures to Tasty Burger. Spending way too much money on Newbury Street. Picnics by the Charles. Seeing your favorite band live. Discovering your favorite book shop. And of course, always ending up at Landsdowne and seeing everyone you know despite saying you’d go out somewhere different that weekend.

There have been small laughs and monumental moments. Hangovers and unimaginable amounts of stress. Heartbreak and clarity all in one. These ups and downs wouldn’t have been possible without the support we found here. All of this craziness leading up to May 13th – the day we walk across the stage and celebrate our accomplishments. Ready or not, it’s almost here!

What I’m truly trying to say is, thank you. Thank you to everyone who has influenced my journey in one way or another. Thank you for the opportunities that have shown me my passions and the guidance I’ve received along the way. But most importantly, thank you for allowing me to love my authentic self and live happily because of it.

We have all grown in numerous ways throughout our time here and it would not have been possible without one another. I am so thankful for my decision to go to college here at Emmanuel, right in the heart of Boston. We may all be moving onto greater things but the impact we’ve had on each other will remain timeless.

If you choose to remember anything, let it be to soak up each moment of happiness that comes your way. This is my last article for Her Campus at Emmanuel and I am honored to be writing it about such a wonderful group of classmates and friends. Thank you for making my college experience even better than the movies.

Cheers to the class of 2017. We did it!

Autumn believes in a combination of hard work and magical thinking. True to her Libra ways, she embraces balance in all aspects of life and enjoys connecting with others. Specializing in Marketing Management, she thrives in helping brands build their platforms through authentic and inspiring content. Find more on Instagram: @aduslayy
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.