Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

There is so much new music coming out, which is such a beautiful thing to look forward to when life is in this weird limbo. Hey, you always heard that different experiences bring forth creativity, and these definitely will not let any of us down. Here are some of my personal favorite artists and the new music they’re either putting out or have already put out recently.

Role Model

Role Model is releasing his third EP later this month on October 21. He’s released three singles from it so far, and let me just say it does not disappoint. The songs range from classic relationship songs to a new introvert anthem, and he’s released a music video for all three of his singles along with two stripped versions for the songs. Personally, I cannot wait for it to come out. I can’t stop listening to what he’s already released, and they just make me want to dance. I know the album will not disappoint when these songs have already had me craving more.

Song to check out: going out

Yungblud

Yungblud is about to release an album on November 13! After the different singles he’s released, along with the features on Machine Gun Kelly’s songs, he has spread out to a variety of genres and refuses to put himself in a single box. He’s gone from pop-rock to full a more hardcore style  with his song “Obey” with Bring Me the Horizon. His album is going to be a fun mix of different genres blending together to all spread the message of individuality and hope during this weird time (that’s supposed to be a pun… his new album is titled Weird). His motto has always been that individuality is key and how important it is to be yourself, and I can’t wait to hear the genuine and unique music and lyrics he is about to drop.

Song to check out: cotton candy

Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly recently released an album titled Tickets to My Downfall which showed him switching gears from his previous rap genre. He did not disappoint when bringing back the classic early 2000s emo punk music that I know I’ve been missing. He got many artists to collaborate with him such as Halsey, Blackbear, Travis Barker, and even Pete Davidson on one of the interludes. It shows the range in lyrics as some songs lead to involuntary headbanging and others to just sitting there and trying to hold back tears. I truly have had this album on repeat since it came out a few weeks ago, and I can honestly say I am so happy with the genre change and how it played out.

Song to check out: split a pill

Hot Milk

Okay, so Hot Milk is a newer band who formed in 2018 from Manchester, England, who only have an EP out so far. So, get on the listening train before they blow up because they are an incredibly talented band that makes you feel like you’re in an underground rock club when you hear them. They just released a new song “Glass Spiders,” and it brings the chaotic energy with meaningful lyrics that I adore jamming to. I definitely recommend checking these guys out, they bring so much chaos and life to the music scene. Also…  I mean… who doesn’t want to listen to a band called Hot Milk?

Song to check out: Candy Coated Lie$

Halsey 

On Halsey’s birthday she released an extended version of her album Manic, which includes two new songs, one song previously released, remixes, and stripped versions of songs on the album. These songs add to the already vivid and lively experience that listening to her album entails. They flow perfectly together and make sense on this album—I am so happy she surprised all of us with this gift and it is definitely worth the check out.

Song to check out: I’m Not Mad

I hope you at least found one new artist to check out and enjoy through this list. Definitely keep an eye out for the new music that is coming from these artists and from others not on this list. Happy listening!

Alyssa Martin

Emmanuel '22

Alyssa is currently a senior at Emmanuel College with a major in English Secondary Education. You can find her writing poetry, doing yoga, or binging one of her comfort shows.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.