Meet the ECHabitat Team: Caitlyn Clausen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Meet ECHabitat for Humanity team member Caitlyn Clausen!

Class Year: 2017

Major: Communications

Her Campus at Emmanuel: What made you choose to join EC Habitat?

Caitlyn Clausen: The ability to be able to physically build something. For me charity, has always had a distant effect to it- sure you can donate money or clothes in a clothing drive, but you never really get to see where your money or that jacket you donated went. With Habitat, you’re able to see your hard work come to life into something tangible, and for me there is nothing more rewarding. 

HCE: What are you most looking forward to on the spring break trip?

CC: Meeting the family that we are building the home for. 

HCE: What does it mean to you to know that you are making a difference in someone’s life?

CC: It’s a reminder that we can all be a part of something bigger than ourselves. 

HCE: What is your favorite memory with EC Habitat?

CC: [It’s my] first time!

HCE: What is a mantra or quote that you live by?

CC: “I am a part of all that I have met.”

Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.