Meet “Big Man on Campus” Cutie: Keith Becker (’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to yet another Big Man On Campus Cutie! At six-foot-two, this Native American cutie with cobalt blue hair and strong-willed character is hard to miss.  As the bouncy, often outspoken, sassy Vice President of the Class of 2017, Keith Becker has developed a unique presence on campus.  While you used to be able to catch him in the chemistry lab, these days you’ll have better luck finding him on the art floor. Somehow, between SGA, working his tail off at Wagamama, and changing majors during his junior year, this Campus Cutie is also competing for the title of Big Man on Campus.  Read on to learn more about this handsome contestant… 

Hometown: Topsham, Maine

Major: Studio Art

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Cancer

HCE: How are you feeling about being nominated for Big Man on Campus?

KB: #Blessed. [throws up hashtag with his hands]

HCE: So blessed. You’ll do great. You’re up against some great guys though.

KB: Yeah, I’m a little embarrassed, honestly. [laughs]

HCE: What makes you deserving of the B.M.O.C. title?

KB: I don’t know. What makes anyone deserving of it, really? I don’t even have a talent.  

HCE: I’m sure you have something.

KB: I’m not big. I’m not on campus, really. But I am a man. So I guess [I have] that.

HCE: If your life was a TV show, what would you want as the theme song?

KB: Umm, do you know the theme song from “The Mindy Project”? Probably a ripped off version of that, just put through auto-tune. It’s short, sweet, and to the point.

HCE: Not a bad choice. Very pro-Mindy. So what has been your most embarrassing moment at EC? Your proudest?

KB: Most embarrassing? Gosh, umm…there’s so many to choose from.  

HCE: I feel that.

KB: Probably when I pretended to be straight for a semester. [laughs]

HCE: Oof. And your proudest?

KB: Realizing that [my ceramics professor] Megumi Naitoh likes me.

HCE: Do you have any heroes?

KB: All my heroes are dead.

HCE: You know, Keith?  I was really expecting you to say your mom, but I guess that works.

KB: [Falling over laughing] Oh my God, yes. My mom. I love her. Definitely my mom.

Good luck with the competition, Keith! We’ll be cheering you on!

Hey! I'm the middle of five siblings all born and raised in New England. I love the fall. Crisp leaves and Halloween are two of my favorite things. I wholeheartedly support the New England Revolution and the New England Patriots. I probably have your dad's sense of humor and your grandma's taste for adventure.
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.