It’s Never Too Late to Get Organized: Using Your Agenda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

You might think that it’s way too late in the semester to get organized. Truth be told, its never to late! Here’s a few tips and tricks that I use to stay on top of my very busy schedule…

1. Get an agenda. Literally, it will help you SO much. I religiously use mine. Whether its homework, tutor appointments, to- do lists, or even budgeting details; my agenda is my go to. You might think you’ll never use it, but trust me, after a few weeks, you’ll be hooked in the best way possible.

2. If agendas aren’t your thing, try using the calendar app on your computer or phone! Its also a great way to set reminders. I usually set mine the night before an assignment is due to remind me just in case I forget!

3. Make it pretty! Your agenda doesn’t have to be ugly, because if its ugly, why would you want to carry it around let alone pull it out in class?  And it doesn’t have to be expensive! Most of my favorites have been found at Marshall’s near the home section- they’re cheap and pretty, what’s not to love?!

4.  Find the perfect agenda for your budget. If you’re ballin’ on a budget, you can definitely look at any office supplies store, your campus bookstore, Target, or even Pinterest where you can find free printable agendas. You definitely don’t have to break the bank in order to be organized!

5. Find a layout that works best for you! Maybe you like a monthly layout, or maybe a daily or weekly look. Personally I like a monthly section with notes on the side and then a weekly breakdown. I usually put my major events like work, important meetings on the monthly section, and if you’re bad with budgeting like me, I put my daily spending on there too- to keep track of where my money goes!

6. Use colors! I love using colorful pens and highlighters when I write in my agenda. Try color coding- for each class. Not only will this catch your eye, but you’ll be more inclined to want to look at your agenda because it looks that nice.

7. Make to do lists! Even with an agenda, to- do lists are always super helpful. They help prioritize and break down all of the things you need to get done. Besides, nothing is more satisfying than crossing something off your to- do list!

Whether you’re nearing finals or looking to start next semester off right, its never to late to start getting organized! Happy planning!

Hey! I'm a junior at Emmanuel majoring in English Communications and double minoring in Management and Political Science. I love running and all things soccer related!
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.