Introducing HCE’s First Male Staff Writer: Cameron Sullivan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

That’s right! Her Campus Emmanuel has welcomed our first male staff writer, and with open arms. Emmanuel junior Cameron Sullivan has joined our ranks in order to offer a much needed male perspective to our site. Readers can look forward to pieces on relationships, Boston news and happenings, and much more from Cam. But before he starts churning out articles, let’s get to know the man himself!

Hometown: Holden, MA

Major: English: Communications, Media, & Cultural Studies

Zodiac sign: Gemini

Relationship status: Taken

HC Emmanuel: Hi Cam! We’re so excited to have you as a writer. What made you join us?

Cameron Sullivan: It seemed like a really fun opportunity, and getting to meet a lot of other people in the communications field has really helped me to appreciate it more. It just seemed like a great opportunity to improve my skills.

HCE: How does it feel to be the first (and only at the moment) male member of HCE?

CS: It doesn’t really feel that different. It feels good to have this opportunity. I don’t see it as any different from working for something like The Hub. I really like what Her Campus stands for and how it started out as a more feminist organization. I really think that more guys, and more people in general, should get into it, and get into the field.

HCE: Nice! Your first article with fellow staff writer Makenzie Moore was great. What was it like interviewing Dennis?

CS: He was really sweet and a very nice guy. It was a good first experience for doing a more formal interview. I feel like it was a more professional sort of style, and [I’m glad I] got a feel for what it will be like to do it again.

HCE: That’s great! What sort of pieces do you hope to write in the future?

CS: Anything really. I’d really like to expand to pieces that relate to things happening around Boston that affect our campus and other campuses. I really like this city and I think it has a whole bunch of great opportunities.

HCE: Shifting gears a bit, tell us a little bit about yourself and what you like to do outside of classes.

CS: Outside of classes, I like to go out to eat with friends. On campus, I like to participate in Emmanuel Theater. I also really like going to museums.

HCE: Cool! What profession are you looking to go into after college?

CS: I’d like to become a high school English: Communications teacher. I really like the different forms of media and how they can present stories. I’m a big film/book nerd so I hope to bring my passion for that into the classroom.

HCE: You’ll make a great teacher! Finally, what is a quote or mantra that you live by?

CS: Defeat is only a state of mind.

Thanks so much for the interview, Cam! We can’t wait to see your contributions to the club!

Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.