I ACCIDENTALLY Took a Hot Yoga Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It was just a regular Wednesday night. CorePower Yoga was having a free glowga class. I, as an inexperienced yoga doer, thought that darkness might be the perfect place for my lack of abilities to shine.

As I walked to the class, I began to chicken out. I repeatedly asking my friends if we could just not go. “It will be fun!” they said. And thus I was dragged along.

I signed up and was given a free mat and towel. I should have known when I saw the towel that I wasn’t prepared for this. But no. It wasn’t until I was walked into the yoga room and  thought I was in the Sahara desert that I really wanted out.

I saw all these super fit people acting like we weren’t going to die from heat. I looked at the thermostat and it was set to 85. EIGHTY-FIVE DEGREES!!!!! To make matters worse we were mat to mat because there were so many people. I am so sorry to my neighbors who had to look at me in all my sweaty glory. When the class was underway the instructor informed us that with all the people, it was now NINETY-SIX DEGREES!

I tried to do all the moves but I came across a slight issue. I had been sweating so much that my mat was slippery. I am not lying, I slipped out of downward dog. It was horrible. And there was still another 20 minutes left of class.

I somehow made it to the cooldown still alive. As I left the studio all of my clothing was soaking wet. Not damp. Wet .

I was then sore for the next 3 days. Again not lying. I was sore until Saturday.

Will I ever go back to hot yoga? That is a definite no. But was it an experience? Yes. If this has taught me anything, it is that I need to double check the details before I sign up for things in the future.

Gifs courtesy of Giphy

Madison Daigle

Emmanuel '19

Hi! I'm a Senior at Emmanuel College. I am the current Treasurer for Her Campus Emmanuel. I am majoring in math, but I also love writing (weird combo I know). I hope that my articles can bring a little light to your day, because they will probably not be that educational!
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.