How We Feel About Thanksgiving Small Talk as Told by the Cast of Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone, and once again us college students have been forced to endure the horror that is family small talk. You all know what I’m talking about, those questions that make you reconsider your entire life and hate yourself for just about the rest of the night… ya, those questions. Don’t worry though, you are not alone. Here are some common responses and emotions to the Thanksgiving family interviews we love so much as told through Friends gifs.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

Gif courtesy of Gif Poster  

“How’s life?”

Gif courtesy of Giphy

“How are you doing in school?”

Gif courtesy of Imgur

“Have you started any internships yet?”

Gif courtesy of Comedy Central

“What are you going to do when you get out?”​ Gif courtesy of Assets

Tatum Fales

Emmanuel '20

I am a senior at Emmanuel College with a major in Communication and Media Studies. My hobbies include writing, listening to music, yoga, and binge watching all things reality TV.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.