This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

This week, our HCE Team had the amazing opportunity of visiting the recently renovated Primark at Downtown Crossing on Student Night. The night was complete with a DJ, refreshments, a photo booth, and, of course, shopping!

For those who may not know, Primark offers high-quality fashion at affordable prices– perfect for us in college! Primark stores can be found across the globe at any one of its 330 locations in 11 different countries, including the U.K., the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, France, Italy and the U.S., and employs 69,000 people worldwide. Its first U.S. store opened in September of 2015, and it just opened its first store in Italy in April 2016.

Primark expanded its location we all know and love at Downtown Crossing, where 14,700 square feet was added to the store for a grand total of 92,000 square feet! This extension has allowed room for 34 extra changing room cubicles, 15 extra cash registers, extended men’s and kids’ departments, and increased restrooms. An additional Washington Street entrance was also a result of the expansion.

Naturally, the only way to celebrate the new and improved Primark is to shop! Our team took a trip to the store on Student Night, and was greeted by music, cupcakes, complimentary gift cards, and the beautiful Primark extension. The newest addition to the store adds to the limitless feel of the four-story shop, making it easy to get carried away with all the items you want to buy! Not only were we able to get lost in fashion, but we had an amazing time at the photo booth, raffles, and DJ station. Of course, when the night came to a close, everyone returned home happily with their newfound purchases, and at a low price, too. Primark illustrates this best with their motto, “Amazing Fashion, Amazing Prices”.

We are all so thankful for the opportunity to celebrate #PrimarkUSA with this exclusive event, and look forward, as always, to shopping at Primark in the future.

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug. 
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.