Her Campus Boston Chapters Host First Collaborative Formal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

On Friday, April 21, over 100 members of Her Campus Boston chapters came together at the Hatch at the Landmark Center for the first ever HC in the City Formal! Hosted by Her Campus Boston University with the help of Her Campus Lasell, Her Campus Emerson, and Her Campus Emmanuel, the event started as a way to bring Boston chapter members together, as well as give back to a good cause. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales was donated to Strong Women, Strong Girls, an organization that supports positive mentoring relationships between college women and pre-adolescent girls. Featuring great music, delicious snacks, and amazing giveaways, the night was definitely a success. Keep reading for a look at all the event details!

You can’t have a good event without some good food! Local Greek sandwich shop, Saloniki Greek, generously donated a healthy serving of their hand-made pita chips and a selection of dips. Everything was so yummy and the perfect snack to eat while mingling!

The event also had a candy bar for guests to take what they liked, as well as cupcakes, cookies, and KIND bars, one of our amazing sponsors!

For refreshments, Sparkling ICE was our incredible drink sponsor. They were handing out their zero-calorie sparkling fruity waters all night. They also had a super fun photobooth that turned your photos into a GIF. I had way too much fun taking pictures with my friends!

Music was provided by Xandor Xicay, a DJ from Boston University. Official event photography was taken by Elise Takahama, also from BU. I love this shot below of my friend Hannah and I with our Sparkling ICE, taken by Elise.

One of the most exciting parts of the night was the amazing raffles. We had so many generous sponsors donate amazing raffle items for the event, such as a signed photo of Mookie Betts, yummy chocolates, and gift certificates for free classes, shows, and events! Huge thanks to MLB Red Sox, Equinox Sports Club Boston, Square Cash, SoulCycle, LIT Boutique, FREELY, Naccessories, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Good Vibrations Brookline Store, Living Proof, Chuao Chocolate, StudentUniverse, and more for the items. Below is a look at what one of our favorite stores, LIT Boutiques, contributed to the raffle – “Study hair, don’t care!”

Overall, it was amazing night and a great way to bring many of the Her Campus Boston chapters together! Hope to do it all again next year!

Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.