This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Spring semester can be tough, and for some of us it’s our first time being back on campus year-round since the beginning of the pandemic. So, I wanted to share some tips that have been getting me through midterms! 

Stay Organized

As obvious as this tip may be, staying organized has really helped me avoid feeling completely overwhelmed by all of the work I have to do. I usually use a planner from Target as a way of keeping track of all of my assignments and due dates. Another great free idea is to use an app called Notion! It’s a personal planner app that you can design exactly how you want and save all your classes and homework in. I found it’s easiest to find templates online and fill those in with your schedule! 

Study With Friends

For some this might not be the most time-effective method, but it has definitely been beneficial to me. Watching over people work motivates me to get things done that I might continue to procrastinate when I’m alone. It’s easy to isolate yourself when you feel very stressed out, but it’s important to make time for the people in your life even when you have work to do! So, getting to see your friends and be productive at the same time is a win-win. 

Set Time Limits for Yourself

Set a time to start your work and stick to it. This gives you time to relax beforehand and mentally prepare yourself for the task at hand. I also always set times throughout to go get food, coffee, or even give myself a phone break. Making a schedule and sticking to it really forces me to grind out whatever I have to do. 

Remember to Take a Break!

As important as classes are, your mental health always comes first! Give yourself time to destress and step away from your work every now and then! If you force yourself to keep working without any regard to your wellbeing then you won’t be submitting your best work; your burnout will definitely translate into your work. 

I hope some of these tips were helpful even if they may seem cliche. Good luck on midterms and have a great spring break!

Currently pursuing a Communications and Media Studies major and Marketing and Global and Public Health minor at Emmanuel College, with a specific interest in Healthcare Communications. 2021-22 Public Relations and Events Coordinator and 2022-23 President for the Emmanuel chapter.