5 Tips for Fixing a Bad Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Not all days can be good days. Sure, you failed that quiz, you chipped a nail, you tripped in front of that cutie from chem class, and your mom tagged you in a super awkward post. I’d agree, that is a pretty bad day. But just because a day starts off horribly doesn’t mean it has to end that way too. Here are some easy and cost efficient ways to relax and turn a bad day into a really great night.

1.Take a bubble bath

I mean go all out. Pour in half a bottle of bubble bath soap or use that bath bomb that you were saving for a special occasion. Turn on some relaxing music and maybe even pick a good book to read while you soak. There is nothing more curative than hot water, sweet smelling bubble soap, and your favorite music.

2. Put on a face mask

Now, if you don’t just happen to have some real face masks lying around for emergencies, don’t panic. There are some simple face masks that can be made from things that you probably already have! These include yogurt and oatmeal face masks. As simple as it sounds, some of them can be just as good for your skin as expensive LUSH products.

3. Color a mandala

The internet is full of mandala pages that you can print and color. The relaxing pattern helps you organize your thoughts and clear your mind. This can be a very fun activity either as a group activity with your roommates or just alone with some good music.

4. Have a solo movie night

After a long hard day of stress and classes, there is something fully relaxing about becoming a blanket burrito on your bed. Just add your laptop, a great woman power flick, and a bag of microwave popcorn. Presto, you have an amazing night for one.

5.  Make yourself some comfort food

Whether it’s grabbing a box of cupcake mix from star market or finally trying one of those microwave mac-and-cheese-in-a-mug recipes, a little comfort food can really make your day. Some sugar can dramatically boost your mood and make the stress just a little more bearable. A few cupcakes are not going to kill you either! Treat yo self.

Recent grad who majored in psychology and minored in English literature at Emmanuel College in Boston. Desk Assistant for Residence Life, part time writer, and fully acclimated transfer student at EC. Cat video enthusiast. Special skills include: being boss at Cards Against Humanity, knowing way too much Harry Potter trivia and becoming emotionally attached to fictional characters. Loving life and hoping to one day make a difference.
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.