Wake Up With These 5 Energy Boosting Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The horrible week of sleepless nights and countless hours of studying is upon us, also known as midterm week. The minute spring break ends many of us started re-reading notes and typing essays while desperately trying to stay awake in front of our computers. You don’t have to solely rely on coffee and tea anymore for the energy you need to stay awake and study! Check out these five energy boosting snacks that will help you power through midterm week and beyond!

1. Almonds

Almonds will have you staying full for hours with the amount of healthy fats and protein that are packed into them. With vitamin rich nutrients such as vitamin E and vitamin B2, as well as magnesium and manganese, your mood will improve and your energy will stay high!

2. Popcorn

Oddly enough, popcorn will help you stay awake during late night studying. Filled with whole grains and fiber, it will keep you full and alert!

3. Fruit 

By keeping your blood sugar up as well as providing fiber for your diet, a fresh cup of fruit will wake you up. If fruit cups aren’t your favorite, turn it into a smoothie!

thisfitsme.com

4. Dark chocolate

When most people think of chocolate, they instantly think “unhealthy,” but dark chocolate actually has some great health benefits to it. When you’re feeling sleepy, grab some dark chocolate, which is filled with a natural caffeine called theobromine. 

bodybuildingislifestyle.com

5. Oatmeal

Oats contain fiber, vitamin B and iron that will keep you full and keep your energy levels high!

health.com

All these foods are super easy to get ahold of on and off campus, so pick up some of these snacks and don’t let midterms bring you down this semester!

Emerson contributor