This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.
“positions” – Ariana Grande

It’s nearly impossible not to feel like the main character when walking down the street and blasting this song through your earphones.

“Actually” – Valerie Broussard

This song has the cutest message of not being able to get that one person off of your mind and just going with it.

“Sex (With My Ex) – FLETCHER

After releasing her album during quarantine, this queen turned her breakup into art, with her ex producing the music videos to go along with the songs. While this song is one of the slower ones on the album, the music video and rawness of the lyrics and candid visuals makes it my favorite.

“Champagne Clouds” – Malia Civetz

All I can think about when listening to this is pink cotton candy clouds and bubbles…mainly because of the album cover.

“pov” – Ariana Grande

I first listened to this song on TikTok, and this has quickly become my favorite song on Ariana Grande’s new album. I love the vibe and the message that I think a lot of people can’t help but relate to.

“September Song” – JP Cooper

I listened to this song a lot over quarantine, but after hearing it in a coffee shop a few weeks ago, I can’t stop listening to it all over again.

“homebody” – Valley

Something you’d definitely hear while shopping at Urban Outfitters.

“If I Hated You” – FLETCHER

Another song on her most recent album, this song screams night time vibes; I’ve found myself listening to it on repeat almost every time I’m walking back from work.

“Say You Love Me” – Jessie Ware

The incredible Jessie Ware is making us all dramatically look out the car window in our pretend music video with this tear jerker.

“Ready Yet” – Sasha Sloan

I have yet to find a Sasha Sloan song I’m not obsessed with. While this is one of her older ones, it’s a go-to for when I’m in my feels.

Emerson contributor