This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Sometimes, we all need a self care day where we get into our favorite pajamas, put on a face mask, and snuggle up under our favorite blankets.

The first movie on my list is Moneyball (2011) starring Brad Pitt. It was directed by Bennett Miller, and the screenplay was written by Steven Zallian (who wrote the Irishman screenplay) and Aaron Sorkin. Moneyball focuses on Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A’s as he tries to develop a baseball team using new ideas on a low budget. Moneyball is my favorite movie to watch when I am feeling overwhelmed or stressed.

If you’re having a full day of relaxation, then a fun trilogy might be the way to go. The Star Wars original trilogy or the Indiana Jones series is the best to snuggle up with on your day of rest. Both the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy are fun adventure movies that are fun, entertaining, and the perfect way to spend a day at home. These series are also funny and lighthearted and will take your mind off of your classes, work, and assignments.

Another way to go is to watch your favorite Disney movie, now most likely accessible thanks to Disney+. My personal favorites are Princess and the Frog and Monsters Inc. Princess and the Frog is filled with great songs and an important message about working hard to achieve your goals. Monsters Inc. is sure to make you laugh and is a classic Disney/Pixar movie that remains funny even as you get older.

The Princess Bride, Rob Reiner’s classic comedy, is another great movie to watch on your mental health day. It is full of fantasy, romance, and lots of comedy. This one is a classic and will entertain a wide variety of audiences.

Along the same lines, a romantic comedy is a great way to spend a self care day. While you possibly do a facemask, watch 10 Things I Hate About You or She’s The Man. They’re both based off of Shakespeare plays, but don’t worry, they’re lots of fun to watch alone or with a group of friends.

Gillian Anderson is a journalism major at Emerson College. She's interested in film and loves writing about movies. Gillian's favorite movie is Good Will Hunting and her favorite director is Quentin Tarantino.
Emerson contributor