Oreo
Oreo
Torey Walsh / Spoon

How to Make Oreo Truffles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With campus kitchens being closed down due to the virus, here’s a fun recipe you can make using three ingredients, some paper plates, a mini fridge, and a microwave!

What you’ll need:

• 36 Oreo cookies (approx. one regular sized package, or one family sized package so you have extras to snack on!)

• 8 ounces of cream cheese

• 16 ounces of Baker’s Semi-Sweet baking chocolate

Step 1: Place the Oreos in a sealed Ziploc bag. I recommend double bagging it to be sure nothing will spill. Crush the Oreos as finely as possible. You can do this by hitting the bag with any hard tools you might have, stomping on it, or even using a rolling pin if you have one. It’s a great way to get some frustration out!

Step 2: Pour the Oreo crumbs into a bowl along with the cream cheese and use your hands to mix the two together evenly.

Step 3: Roll the Oreo cream cheese mixture into small spherical shapes. You can make these as big or small as you want. I typically roll them to have a one-inch radius. You can leave them in the bowl or place them onto paper plates for the next steps.

Step 4: Melt your chocolate in the microwave. Be sure to take it out periodically and stir so as to ensure the chocolate does not burn.

Step 5: Now, you want to cover the balls in chocolate. There are a couple different methods to go about this depending on what’s easiest for you. You can place them on a spoon and dip them into the chocolate before placing them on a plate. I find it easier to lay them out on the plates ahead of time and pour the chocolate over them attempting to cover all sides. (Note that you cannot spear them with a fork to dunk them in the chocolate as they will fall apart).

Step 6: Place the truffles in the fridge for at least one hour.

Step 7: Enjoy!

Grace is a sophomore Business of Creative Enterprises student at Emerson College from New York and North Carolina. She’s passionate about theatre, television, writing, and fried chicken.
Emerson contributor