Get Back Into the Swing of a New Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Feeling a little dull since getting back to school this semester? Follow these quick tips to beat the back to school blues.

1.     Establish a Routine: Plan out what you have to do each day. Between classes, work, extra-curriculars, and a social life, it might not seem like you have a lot of time, but practice your time management and this semester should be a breeze.

2.     Get Organized: Whether it means making a schedule or to-do-list each day in your planner, get organized. Pick up your textbooks, fresh notebooks, whatever you need!

3.     Make New Friends: Going into new classes can be scary because you most likely won’t know anyone or the professor. Take advantage of the first few weeks to make an effort to make new friends and get to know your professor.

4.     Don’t Over-Exert Yourself: It can be easy to sign up for lots of new organizations, but make sure you carve out enough time in the day for you!

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.