tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Chapter Spotlight Series: Pepperdine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that likes to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we decided to introduce to you is the chapter at Pepperdine in Malibu, CA. Their chapter is brand new, having just launched this September. They currently have a team of nine members, and they are working toward recruitment and content creation. They are also hoping to soon become a recognized organization on Pepperdine’s campus through the Interclub Council. The school has a really unique dynamic since most of the sophomores on campus study abroad. This means that many people don’t meet the class above them until they are in their junior class ranking, when they return from their study abroad opportunities. 

Running the chapter is junior Melissa Locke, a PR major and the chapter’s CC. Hayley Gotelli, also a junior, run’s the chapter’s social pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and is an integrated marketing communications major. Junior, Joanna Cabalquinto, is the chapter’s Events and Marketing director, and has a major in screen arts. Finally, junior advertising major, Lea Medina, is the chapter’s senior editor.

The chapter has been entirely focused on recruiting and the production of content since their launch in September, so they wanted to make sure that they highlighted some of the content that their writers have been working on. The pieces that they chose to highlight are all incredible, as are the other articles that they have been publishing––I should know, as I have the pleasure of being the chapter’s advisor! Here are some of the articles that they wanted to highlight: 

For more amazing content, be sure to check out the Her Campus Pepperdine Page

The team is currently working on a lot of their goals for this semester, including planning a holiday team bonding event. And one of their favorite memories from the past semester was right when they launched, when all of their writer’s realized the scope of the platform they now had for their writing. 

Overall though, this chapter, who self-described themselves as “growing, learning, and hopeful,” is really excited to expand, and that is their biggest goal for this semester. They want to gain a lot of new perspectives for their writing, and they are hoping to do so by reaching out to potential members who are abroad and across campus. 

If you are looking to get involved with HC Pepperdine, make sure to check them out on their social media channels or by speaking to any of their current team members! You can also feel free to reach out to them via email at hc.pepperdine@hercampus.com. If there is one thing you need to know for sure though, it is that they are open to any content, as long as it’s relatable! It can be hard-hitting or fun, as long as you want to be writing it. 

Bonus Questions: 

TS: Does your chapter identify more with beaches or lakes?

ML: beaches

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.