This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that likes to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we decided to introduce to you is the chapter at OSU. The chapter, located at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio is currently about 20-35 members (varies based on the semester). They are passionate about making sure every single member has a voice, and about providing content for women, by women. 

The chapter has a rather large executive board, with eight people working together to run different aspects of the chapter. Ally Williams, a third year majoring in strategic communications and journalism is the chapter’s Campus Correspondent. The assistant Campus correspondent is Tess Wells, a second year political science major. Their treasurer (in addition to running the chapter’s Pinterest) is Rachel Rothstein a fourth year student majoring in strategic communication and their editor is Daniella Saul a third year anthropology major. The chapter also has a dedicated social media team. They have Brynn Hoffman, a third year marketing major who runs the chapter’s Instagram. Running the chapter’s Twitter, HC OSU has Juliet Zito, a fourth year majoring in psychology. The chapter’s Facebook page is run by fourth year strategic communication major Kenzie Kizer. Finally, the team’s member relations director is Thelma Amoah, a fourth year student majoring in biology.

In addition to getting to know their executive board, we asked the chapter to pick a few articles to highlight. The feature articles that the chapter selected were “Ohio’s ‘Heartbeat Bill’ Was Just Signed Into Law…So What Does That Mean?” by Tess Wells and “Balancing Your Life” by Sammy Peters. The chapter also wanted to highlight their favorite profile piece, which was Ally Williams’ piece on Maddie Crew. For more of HC OSU’s content, you can check out their Her Campus Page

Switching gears to talk about the HC OSU events, they recently held an event at the Union where they passed out Garnier products. The event had a really great turnout. They also just received a partnership with just., which they are really excited about! They are looking forward to engaging with women on campus to encourage conversations about periods, while getting to pass out reliable feminine care products.

When we asked what their chapter’s favorite team memory was, Ally responded that her favorite memory was when they went to Topgolf last year. She said this is her favorite because the team got to bond and learn more about each other. 

At a school with more than 1300 student organizations, the chapter is really looking to make themselves more visible on campus, and they are currently working hard to become more well known to the students of OSU. HC OSU is a place where students will always be welcomed with open arms if they want to join and share their voice. If you are looking to get involved with HC OSU, you can follow them on their social channels! They post about all of their meetings there so you can attend the next one, or you can reach out to them at HC.OSU@hercampus.com! If you are looking to get involved, CC Ally wants you to know that “you are accepted and celebrated here no matter what. We are a super diverse chapter in terms of majors and age so even if you aren’t interested in pursuing writing as a career or it is not one of your strengths we will accept you and celebrate what you do well and help you improve in areas where you want to improve.”

Finally, we asked Ally what three words she would pick to describe HC OSU. To which she responded with bright, determined, and passionate. Ally stated that, “I chose these words because every woman in our chapter is so intelligent in what they do, they never give up no matter the obstacle in front of them and pursue their passions fearlessly and consistently.”

Bonus Questions: 

TS: Is your chapter more cat people or dog people?

CCs: Dog people for sure!

*All photos provided by HC OSU*

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.