This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that liked to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we have decided we wanted to introduce to you, is the chapter at Ohio University. The chapter is located in Athens, Ohio, and was founded in 2011. They are, on average, 30 members strong and they strive to empower their members both in their writing and in their lives— on and off campus. 

One of the things we really wanted to learn about was who is running Ohio University’s chapter, since we know that running a chapter is a lot of hard work. Hannah Moskowitz is the Editor-in-Chief, President, and Campus Correspondent (CC) of the chapter, and having run Emerson’s chapter by myself in the past, I have to give Hannah a lot of props! Running a chapter isn’t easy, but doing it alone is even harder! A little bit more about Hannah is that she is a senior journalism major, focused on news and information. Anyone looking to hire a journalist??? Here is your go to person! 

Next on the executive board, we would love for you to get to know Ohio University’s Treasurer and Event Planner, Abi Huff. Abi is a sophomore health services administration major. Abi plans all of the events that are put on by Ohio U’s chapter, which is pretty cool if you ask me (definitely hiring worthy)! We also got to know Caitlin Hunt and Dejae Wilkins, who both have a hand in managing different social media platforms for the chapter. Caitlin manages the chapter’s Twitter page, and she is a junior journalism news and information major, much like Hannah. Dejae, Caitlin’s social media counterpart, is a senior journalism major, with a focus in strategic communications. She is in charge of running the chapter’s instagram! (So again, hiring managers, reach out to these lovely humans already!). 

We also asked some more pressing questions, like what their favorite articles were from the last year. Caitlin’s monthly column on pop culture was one of their top feature picks, and you can find the most recent one here. Be sure to check out Ohio U’s page each month for the latest run down in pop culture, brought to you by Caitlin! Another article that the team loved from last year was written by a senior, Jamie, who has since graduated. She wrote a thank you letter to Ohio U, that is well written and sincere. Finally, the third feature that the team chose to highlight was written by Hannah Moskowitz herself about the best places to hammock at Ohio U! 

We didn’t only get the deets on features though, we also wanted to know about the profiles that Ohio U was writing. The team unanimously chose to highlight their article entitled, “Journalism Professor Is Making The Internet A Safer Place,” which was written by Purva Indulkar. FUN fact about this article, is that Her Campus nationals awarded it first place in the category of best profile on alumni, faculty, community member, or professional! So yeah, definitely a profile to brag about when asked what your favorite was. 

Shifting gears, we are moving more into Abi’s realm of event planning, by asking Ohio U what events they have run in the past. Ohio U explained that they have held some movie nights, but that they “really love attending craft night every Thursday night hosted by Ohio University’s Housing & Residence Life.” While they do other team bonding activities, they love attending this one as a group and getting to do some crafts (can you say adorable????). Additionally, when asked what their favorite memory from the organization was, Hannah informed us that her favorite memory was the awards ceremony that they held during their last meeting of the spring semester. If I may interject here––this is the cutest memory and I love it so much. I love that they make their team feel like a team, where everyone is appreciated and empowered, much like the goal they described to us as what they strive to do.

Speaking of goals, we also wanted to find out what Ohio U has cooking for this semester. In terms of both what they are looking forward to, and what they are hoping to accomplish over the next few months. The goal that they are pushing for is to continue to maintain their strong history of content and social media posts that are interesting and entertaining for their viewers.  A pretty solid goal if you ask me. I know that their chapter works hard, and I’m excited to see them continue that legacy over the next semester! In terms of what Ohio U is most looking forward to this semester, they stated, “We’re definitely looking forward to the awesome content, continued bonding and empowerment that we’ll be getting this year through Her Campus,” which frankly, even though I am not a member of Ohio U, I am looking forward to as well after hearing them talk about how much they love their chapter. 

As much as we all love talking about Her Campus, we wanted to learn a little bit more about Ohio U in general, thus begging the question: what is something unique about your school? 

We learned that Ohio University’s uniqueness comes from the amount of campus publications that they have. Hannah explained that since Ohio U is a large journalism school, there are plenty of places on campus to embrace the inner journalist. Hannah also added that the school is the best place to experience all of the seasons throughout the year, since they get the perfect blend of summer, fall, winter, and spring.

Shifting back to the chapter itself, we wanted to know, how would a student transferring to Ohio U go about finding the chapter and getting involved? You heard it here, right from the source, the best way to get involved with Ohio U’s chapter, whether you are a transfer student or a new first year, is to shoot them an email at ohio-u@hercampus.com

In closing, we asked two final questions. The first of which was: If you had to describe your chapter in 3 words, what words would you pick and why? Hannah explained that the three words she would pick are: Empowered, inspired, and confident. She picked these words because, “every member brings a different aspect of these three words to the table when it comes to brainstorming, writing, or bonding.” You can really feel the love of this chapter just through hearing their answers to the questions we asked, and I can’t wait to see all the amazing things that Ohio U does this semester. 

Our final question, was simple, what is one thing you want everyone to know about your chapter? To which, Hannah’s answer was that she wants everyone to know that Ohio U’s chapter is, “an awesome girl gang to join and meet new friends, while improving their writing skills and confidence.” 

Want to know more about Ohio U?  You can find them on Facebook, Twitter (@HerCampusOhioU), and Instagram (@HerCampusOhioU), or check out more of their articles on the Ohio U Her Campus Page

Bonus Questions: 

TS: What Hogwarts house does your chapter most identify with? 

HM: Hufflepuff Sun, Gryffindor Rising, Ravenclaw Moon, but never Slytherin because we aren’t shady

TS: If your chapter could be described with one animal, what would that animal be and why? 

HM: Lioness – because Beyonce

TS: Is your chapter team Edward or Team Jacob?  Or for daring, Team Kristen Stewart as a person?

HM: Team Edward for the book, but Team Jacob for the movie

TS: Is your chapter more cat people or dog people?

HM: Dog

TS: Does your chapter identify more with beaches or lakes?

HM: Lakes that have a beach

TS: What time of year (semester, trimester, quarter) has the best classes to add to your schedules?

HM: All semesters offer the best classes to add to your schedule because OU prOUvides for their students

*ALL PHOTOS PROVIDED BY THE OHIO U CHAPTER*

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.