This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that likes to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different. One of the schools that we decided to introduce to you is the chapter at Ashoka located in Sonepat, Haryana India. First, we wanted to know what was unique about the school at which the chapter is located, and the CCs informed us that “something unique about being at Ashoka is that it is the torchbearer of Liberal Education in India. We try our level best to represent this through our HC at Ashoka activities.” The chapter was founded in 2016, and they were the first Her Campus Chapter to be founded in India. The chapter currently has 45 members, and is made up of six different departments. 

Running the chapter overall are the two Campus Correspondents, Aadya Singh and Kangan Dhawan. The rest of the executive board is made up of the team heads. Their Events and Logistics department is headed by Mallikaa Chandra (UG 21). The chapter’s social media and marketing is handled by Aryan Sharma (UG 21). Their content creation is overseen by both Harsha Potapragada and Sowmya Vaidyanathan (UG 21) and their editorial department is headed by Pragyna Divakar (UG 20). International collaboration is run by Aanchal Sharrma (UG 20) and finally, visuals and design is headed by Mehak Vohra (UG 21).

The Ashoka team loved the article that was written about their newest CCs, so they wanted to make sure to highlight this piece when talking about the articles they loved from their chapter.  The article, by Mehak Vohra talks about how the pair feel about heading the Ashoka chapter of Her Campus. When it came to selecting feature articles to highlight, the Ashoka team couldn’t choose just one, since their chapter is dedicated to publishing a wide variety of content from a wide variety of writers. They decided to highlight articles based on the subject matter instead. 

For more amazing content from HC Ashoka, check out their Her Campus Page

The chapter is looking forward to hosting more events, but one of the ones that they did in the past was a Diwali Haat stall. This was full of fun games, like ‘Ring Toss’ and plenty of opportunities to take pictures and videos (which can be found all over their social channels). This event was so fun, that the chapter ranked it as one of their favorite memories, since it was the first event that they ran as a chapter this year, and the first for the Ashokan student body.  Everyone worked together to make the event a success and the event even helped raise some funding for the chapter! 

In addition to the events, the chapter is really looking forward to doing some collaborations this semester. They are hoping to get a lot of chapters from around the world involved in their upcoming partnership as well. Additionally, the chapter is looking forward to creating more engaging newsletters. In doing so, they hope to achieve their goal of having a stronger on-campus presence at Ashoka, so that they can gain a wider readership for the content that they are creating! Make sure to stay tuned on their social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to find out more information! 

If you are looking to get involved with HC Ashoka, they hold regular inductions and have posters all around campus! They also have an extremely strong social media presence. They also send out monthly newsletters to the student body to keep the campus updated on all the amazing things that they are doing! If you are looking to join, feel free to reach out to them at hc.ashoka@hercampus.com, and keep in mind that Her Campus Ashoka is working to bust the myth that Her Campus is just for women. At HC Ashoka, everyone is welcome, regardless of how they identify––just ask their male members! Finally, we asked HC Ashoka: “If you had to describe your chapter in 3 words, what words would you pick and why?” To which, the CCs responded: “Creative – All our team members have a great flair for innovation and fresh ideas. Being CCs to such a creative team is truly a blessing; Dedicated – Despite how taxing academic work is, and how busy students remain throughout the semester, our team members are insanely committed to the work they promise, and deliver with timeliness and discipline; Evolving – One of our main goals is to become a Gold-Level Chapter this year. We really want all our team members’ work to transpire into something as prestigious as a Gold-Level Chapter membership. To get there, our team is aware that it has to keep learning and growing.” 

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.