Campus Celeb Alexis Clemons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Meet the newest EmComm president, Alexis Clemons!

Name: Alexis Clemons

Major: Marketing with minors in Writing and Political Communications

Year of graduation: 2016

Hometown: Windham, New Hampshire

What is your history with EmComm?

I’ve been in EmComm since my freshman year. I’ve worked on it every semester. I’ve worked on four different accounts. I’ve worked for a DJ company, a fashion brand, a mobile app. Now I’ve moved up to president of the organization, so I’m really excited to be in charge of all of the accounts and get to see how every group works together.

What is your favorite part about EmComm?

Definitely the experience you get from it. You get to work for actual, real life clients, which is something that a lot of people don’t get to do, unless they have an internship. So, this provides students with a great way to get real world experience during the semester.

What do you hope to see improve in the organization?

I would just like to add a few more accounts so that the org can grow even bigger. I’d love to have some more options for accounts. But really, other than that, I think just expanding it is really what I want to do.

What is your dream job?

I would love to be head of marketing for Coca-Cola or work at one of the agencies that has Coca-Cola as a client and really just get to produce work for them.

What is your favorite part of marketing?

I like that I’m able to be creative in a business-oriented way, so it’s still problem solving and I get to use my creativity, which I love. I’m actually producing work that’s needed and wanted.

Erin is a junior at Emerson College studying journalism, publishing, and writing. She comes from southeastern Massachusetts and enjoys reading magazines, getting hooked on new TV shows, traveling, and spending time with her dog. Erin hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. You can follow her on Twitter at @erin_kayata.
Emerson contributor