This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1. Anna-Marie McLemore

I am absolutely obsessed with Anna-Marie McLemore’s books! But besides being an amazing author, McLemore is so open with her writing, both in her books and on her social media. I admire Anna-Marie so much for her strength and for her bravery in presenting herself. You can follow Anna-Marie McLemore on Twitter, and you can check out her site to read more about her books, and her!

2. Maggie Stiefvater

I’ve been in love with Maggie Stiefvater’s writing since middle school; she’s my other favorite author. Maggie inspires me because she’s unapologetically herself. I admire her for pursuing so many of her passions, from writing to creating music to drawing to driving fast cars! You can follow Maggie Stiefvater on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr. You can also check out her website to learn more about Maggie and her books!

3. Georgia Nott

I’ve been talking about Georgia Nott quite a bit recently, and I don’t think that’s stopping anytime soon! I am inspired 1000x over by Nott’s most recent project, The Venus Project, Vol. 1. I love how personal Nott got with her music on this album, and I love that she started this project as a space for women in the music industry to collaborate, and I hope that it’s able to continue with other women later on! You can check out her recent interview and performance with Baeble here, check out my album review here, listen to Vol. 1, and follow the Venus Project on Instagram and Twitter.

4. My best friend, Samantha Gwilliam

So I’ve known my best friend, Sam, since the fourth grade, and we’ve been best friends for about 10 years! So I might be a little biased when I say she’s one of the best humans ever, but trust me, she is. I admire her so much because she’s hardworking- not only is she going to college full-time, but she’s also working two part-time jobs. She’s also such a caring and fierce spirit- trust me when I say she’ll have your back if you’re friends with her. I also admire her so much for chasing after her dreams, because I think we all know that’s not an easy feat!

5. Emilia Halász

Last, but not least, is Emilia Halász. I found out about her Insta from my best friend, Sam, and I started following her for the Disney pics. Sam and I both completely fangirl over her, but not just because of our obsession with her Disneygram. I am so inspired by Emilia because she shares her growth as a person with her followers. I am so inspired by her pursuit of her dreams, whether it’s the fact that she’s currently working at Disney, or that she’s currently raising funds to go on a mission trip to Kenya for about nine days this summer. I’ve loved watch Emilia share more and more of herself, because it takes a lot of courage to be yourself and Emilia’s constantly sharing how she’s learned to be her best self and be comfortable as a person. You can follow her Instagram for yourself here!

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor