This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

You’ve been at the library for hours and you have four pages left on your research paper, but you’re suffering from an extreme case of writer’s block. Energy fading, positivity dwindling – girl, it is time for a study break.

There’s no doubt that finals are a stressful time. Don’t push your limits and deprive yourself of a much-deserved break. We thought up of five ways to spend your study breaks. Go ahead, you deserve it.

1. Get lost in the Internet

Once your notes and flashcards start blending together and your brain can’t take it anymore, close that notebook and open up your laptop. Go to Netflix and watch an episode or two of your favorite show, or hit up YouTube for the latest Jimmy Fallon clips. Check up on Twitter and Tumblr or even listen to an audiobook on Audible. Take a moment to veg out, but don’t get caught up in binge watching! Set a timer and limit yourself to just an hour or so of Internet surfing. Once time is up, hit the books again.

2. Go for a walk

The weather is nicer than ever, so take advantage of the sunshine! After all, you can’t be hunkered down in the library forever. Get outside and inhale a breath of fresh air. Take a walk down Boylston Street or Newbury Street (hey, even treat yourself to a cute new sundress!). Explore the Common and the Garden before the end of the semester. You can even go to Beacon Hill and check out Acorn Street – trust us, it’s adorable.   

3. Work out

Sitting at a desk for hours isn’t good for your health. Get your heart pumping and those endorphins flowing. Hit the gym for a quick cardio session or attend an hour-long yoga class. You can also take a run or jog along the Charles River. Trust us, once you sweat out all that stress and frustration you will feel so much better.

4. Sleep

Long nights of studying may have you feeling sleepy and sluggish. Being tired won’t help you retain information any easier, so when all else fails, go take a nap. Set your alarm for about thirty minutes to get the most out of your snooze.

5. Eat

When studying becomes overwhelming and you’re losing your focus, it may be time for you to have something to eat. You can grab something at the Dining Hall or the Max, or if you’re feeling like you’ve worked extra hard, go somewhere non-Emerson for a pick-me-up. Head over to your favorite brunch spot or grab a burrito bowl at Chipotle. Feeling extra adventurous? Find a restaurant in Boston that you’ve never been to before! Once you’re refueled you’ll be all set for another round of productivity.

What do you do during your study breaks? Let us know in the comments below or by tweeting us at @HCEmerson

Cassidy is a Digital Production intern at Her Campus. She's currently a junior studying journalism at Emerson College. Cassidy also is a freelance reporter at the Napa Valley Register and a staff writer at Her Campus Emerson. Previously she blogged for Seventeen Magazine at the London 2012 Olympics, wrote for Huffington Post as a teen blogger and was a Team Advisor at the National Student Leadership Conference on Journalism, Film, & Media Arts at University of California, Berkeley and American University in Washington, D.C.. When she's not uploading content to Her Campus or working on her next article, Cassidy can be found planning her next adventure or perfecting her next Instagram. Follow her on Twitter at @cassidyyjayne and @cassidyjhopkins.  
Emerson contributor