5 Reasons Why Avocados are the Best Food Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Obviously it is no surprise to anyone that avocados are amazing. I may even go as far as to say they are the best food in the world. They are delicious, creamy, good for you and go with literally everything. Here are some reasons why avocados may just be the best food in the world.

Guacamole

Do I need to say more? Guacamole is actually the healthiest dip out there. When eating or making guacamole, put a little lemon or lime juice in for an extra kick. The citrus juice’s acidity will actually slow down the oxidation process

They’re fattening, but good for you

This may lead you to think, “How can something fattening be good for me?” Well, let me tell you. Avocados are among the good fats, like almonds and olive oil. They are the kind of fat your body needs, and these good fats help absorb nutrients. The fat in avocados are good for you and for your heart (and for your soul and everything in between).

Avocado spread

Got bread? Check. Got avocado? Check. And you don’t need anything else! Get rid of the jam, peanut butter or butter, and bring on the avocado to spread. Avocado toast is the best thing in the world, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and every snack in the middle.

Avocados are great for your skin

You read me right, avocados are not only for eating. Putting avocado on your skin can actually serve as a great moisturizer and can also treat sunburns by preventing chafing. And have you ever heard of an avocado facemask? Mix raw honey, yogurt and an avocado together, and rub it all over your face. It’s unreal.

Avocado for dessert

I bet you didn’t even think you could use avocado in dessert. If you have a blender or food processor, you can make avocado chocolate pudding. Here’s a great recipe that will get you hooked. And this is definitely better than other, sugary desserts! Also, if you’re not one for pudding and you like brownies instead, check out this amazing recipe for chocolate avocado brownies

If you don’t like avocados, you need to check yourself. Avocados are something you should want to eat everyday. So it’s official, avocados can be used for everything and they are amazing. The end.

Emerson contributor