5 Couple Costumes That Aren’t Totally Gagworthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Every year it seems that you have at least one couple in your friend group that thinks it’ll be cute to do a couple costume for Halloween. Although the intention IS cute, we can all think of examples of couple costumes that make your eyes roll so hard you unintentionally give yourself a headache. How do we remedy this? Is there a way that this can be done and produce a chuckle instead of a fake vomit noise? Well, in order to avoid dressing as a pair of boobs with your significant other, here are some better options.

1. Juno and Paulie BleekerThat’s funny, that’s different, that’s wonderfully awkward.

2. Mr. and Mrs. ClausSome people might call it corny, but I think it’s hilarious. You also get an excuse to eat fresh baked cookies all night.

3. Spencer and Heidi from The HillsI don’t know if anyone’s ever actually done this, but it seems like a good excuse to dress pretty normally and just yell at everyone all night.

4. Mickey and Minnie MouseThe OG Power Couple. Very easy, very cute.

5. Zombie ANYTHINGOne of my best friends and I accidentally started a tradition that each year we will go as zombie SOMETHING and the possibilities are endless! Zombie Beyonce and Jay-Z, zombie Sonny and Cher, zombie JFK and Jackie? Personally, we’re going with zombie Bret Michaels and zombie Flava Flav, so there is truly nothing off limits with this idea.

Obsessed with the Kennedy family and cheesecake, respectively.
Emerson contributor