Travel Airplane Sky Sunset
Travel Airplane Sky Sunset
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

5 Airport and Flying hacks for Spring Break Prep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Airports and flying can be stressful, and many view it apprehensively, but that doesn’t have to be the case! So if you have to go anywhere this spring break via an aircraft, follow these tips and be amazed at how much of your stress is relieved.

Put all of your important documents in one spot.

Get a designated compartment or even better, a pouch to place your ID, boarding pass, passport, and any other documents you will need before boarding. Having everything in one location prevents digging around your bag and worrying about misplacing them as well.

Make sure to dress for the occasion.

We all like looking nice, but when flying, dressing in a tight dress with heels or super skinny jeans and crop top may not be the best option. Opt for a more comfortable route such as sweat and a tee-shirt, leggings, or boyfriend jeans. Comfortable doesn’t have to mean sloppy! And layers are the KEY when it comes to flying. Make sure to have some form of a sweatshirt or jacket included in your outfit.

Skin care!

While flying, our skin tends to get dry due to all the recirculated air in the cabin. There are a few preventative measures so you don’t feel totally gross during the flight. If you are wearing makeup, have some wipes handy. Two other key items are a face moisturizer and lip balm. Both of these are literal lifesavers. Nobody wants chapped lips or dry skin, and with these handy tools, you won’t have them!

EARBUDS.

As silly as it sounds, more time than not, headphones/earbuds are forgotten or left in a suitcase. However, make sure you remember them in your purse/bag. That way, you can listen to music, watch a show, and tune out the chatter or crying babies during your flight.

Download a movie.

Finally, download a movie on Netflix or Amazon Prime (whatever streaming service you have). This way, if the only way to watch things is by paying, or the plane doesn’t have a screen, you have a media to turn to that doesn’t require paying for in-flight wifi.

Flying can be difficult, but it is a part of life. However, these tips can make traveling so much easier, and much less stressful. Happy spring break!

Sascha Rifkin

Emerson '23

I'm a Writing, Lit, and Publishing major at Emerson College! Fashionista, book worm, and total romantic at heart.
Emerson contributor