This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Fall screams darker colors, but this year a few new colors are making quite the statement. One of the hottest trends right now is a pastel coat. Throughout the fashion world, models and trendsetters are rocking these candy-coated jackets.

From colors to baby blue, light pink, sweet yellow, and lavender, nothing stops these colors from popping up all over the fashion world. Nothing brightens up a gloomy fall day like bright colors.

You can find these pastel colors at different stores all around the country. Although many of these pastel coats are in high fashion settings, you can find these jackets for less expensive at stores like H & M and Forever 21.

The fun doesn’t stop here; try matching your pastel jacket with bright pants and accessories. Celebrities and models around the world have been using these colors to catch everyone’s eyes no matter where they are.

Don’t be shy! Try mixing and matching these bright colors with different soft tones, and people will be wondering where you got your fashionable jacket.

Nothing can be sweeter than the fun of daring yourself to try something new in the fashion world!

My name is Tatum Pederson and I am a senior at Elon University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Digital Art. I am currently Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Elon and I am an Entertainment Editor for Elon University’s magazine, The Edge. This summer, I was an Entertainment Intern at Niche Media in New York City. I learned how to transcribe interviews, assist at photo shoots, and conduct research on various entertainment topics. Last year, I was an Art and Editorial Intern at ELLE Decor magazine. At this internship, I worked closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Michael Boodro. I edited a “Behind The Scenes” video for the September 2014 Online Shopping section and was also published in the October 2014 issue. Two summers ago, I was an Entertainment Intern for Pink and Black magazine. I researched and wrote numerous articles involving media and entertainment. I am an extremely organized and creative student with experience in both a fast-paced environment and the magazine industry.